Register now to get rid of these ads!

scammed

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by sweetdick2, Aug 25, 2017.

1. sweetdick2

sweetdick2
    from new jersey

I believe I've been scammed by fellow hamb member, what's my recourse . it's been over 3 weeks since I sent him my check and he doesn't answer my posts?? Thanks John

2. You might try PM'ing a moderator or Ryan. I know he sometimes stepped in if Alliance Members were involved. Have you checked to see if the "fellow hamb member" has been on the boards lately? If he's a long time member, he may be having problems

3. Is the seller a long time member? have you checked his profile? does he just sell parts and never contributes to the hamb? is he a alliance member?

These are things I look at regardless if he has the part I need or not,if in my mind he is here for his own well being I ignore the part. HRP

wraymen, 1stGrumpy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Just a reminder to the OP, when the HAMB was much smaller, Ryan was able to go to bat for folks who felt like they got a raw deal from a fellow HAMBer. As the HAMB grew to where it is now, he understandably can only intercede when the parties are Alliance Members. Just something to think about going forward. Hope your situation is resolved amicably. Good luck.

wraymen and HOTRODPRIMER like this.

5. Don's wording is far more equivalent than mine!:) HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. You're too kind, Danny.:)

7. Hope you get your money back.

8. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Damn, another one! When are people going to start being more careful?
    Check, check, and double check BEFORE you send your hard earned money!
    Damn!

9. don neagle

don neagle

Just got spammed by get this user name somebody lives somewhere that should have told me his account is under Jenny Mason bought some 56 plymouth lights after he got my money he quit contacting me and never shipped them they are still on there wonder how many people have bought them item no. is IMG-1859 JPG guess my money is gone