Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SCAMMED!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mullskull, Aug 9, 2017.

1. 5Window Thanks for the spelling check. My spelling really gone down hill since high school. LOL. Sammers never call me, just text me. Thanks Bruce.

5window likes this.
  2. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Beat me to it. I thought the same thing when I saw the area it was in.

3. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Had an ad in the classifieds a few months back I was looking for some 15x8 GM wheels. Next day I get a pm from a guy that just joined the HAMB and had only 1 post. Said he had the wheels and his PAYPAL account was hit by hackers and for me to email him directly. Didn't leave his email address needless to say I didn't email him. Joe

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  4. mullskull

mullskull

keep me posted!

5. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I get scammers texting me about my CL listings from the east coast. N.J., New York, Penn State, Ohio. They are all over the place back there. On the west coast, I get it from Az, Washington and Utah. I look at the area code and then look it up. Some of it has stopped due to blocking the numbers.

I have never had a problem on the HAMB. If I am going to buy from a hamber, I will tell the seller that my paypal account is down. I always ask if the hamber will take a postal money order. If they won't and I want the part bad enough, I will bring my paypal account to life and use it and then kill it again. I DO NOT keep my paypal account alive anymore. I will re-open it once in a while. There are too many bullshit things that go on, on paypal. If it happens to be alive when I buy something, I will use it. I will not be ripped off through paypal again.

The past two years have awful with paypal. Once bitten, fuck it!

flatheadpete likes this.
  6. Mullskull . Now I am on to this Dude. I have his money that he was scammed on by a local guy here in my state HA! Now I will play his game. Lets see what happens.

Lasallefever and oldsjoe like this.
  7. mullskull

mullskull

Report filed... Oakland P.D. sent me to the local FBI... as of now the complaint is filed... thanks!

Bruce Fischer and oldsjoe like this.
  8. mullskull

mullskull

sweet!

9. mullskull

mullskull

Aside from the initial beating i gave myself, i was left with that horrible feeling of powerlessness..thanks to the info and recon provided by fellow hambers i don't feel so powerless!
    complaints are filed..
    i also got the address of the place he picks up his moneygrams-

Lucky's Grocery
    1000 El Cerrito Plaza, El Cerrito, CA 94530
    Phone: (510) 524-7282
    as of 15 minutes ago they have been informed of his alias-

Paul B, tonkadawg and oldsjoe like this.
  10. Keeps us posted I hope you get this scum bag that is ruining buying and selling for everyone else

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I'm sorry to hear that. I've sold over 30,000 things on Ebay since 1999 and almost all were paid for with Paypal and I've never had a problem. My account is always open and there is money in it most of the time. I am a big fan of Paypal since you can send and receive money in a couple of minutes instead of mailing a postal money order and waiting several days. I've heard mostly good things from other users about being reimbursed if there's a problem but have never had to deal with that myself....

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't take kindly to people messing with my people.

We might have our personal differences, but when there is a threat from the outside, we need to move as one.

kiwijeff, BJR, upspirate and 13 others like this.
  13. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Yep I'm helping a friends widow sell a travel trailer right now and have informed her it will be a bank to bank transfer only, she has AAA so she and the buyer can both go for the legal transfer. Keeps everyone honest.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6-bangertim and mike in tucson like this.
  14. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

[​IMG]

As of May of this year, that Luckys (which I'm surprised are still in business) had a camera in front of the store. If the scumbag is driving to the location, a plate # could be a lead, IF the local LE actually wants to get involved.

kiwijeff likes this.
  15. fonspa

fonspa

I was just referred to someone with the email address:

tnorrisst at gmail.com

Tamera D. Norris
    w9665 cousins ct,
    Beaver Dam, WI 53916

This information was given to me by HAMB member Jeromesbrw.
    They were trying to sell me a set of Americar rims. The deal had all the earmarks of a scam.
    Wheels are in perfect condition, can't send pictures, no paypal, no check or money order, payment by Walmart moneygram only etc.

I did a search for Jeromesbrw avatar picture and found this:
    see the picture on the first page, bottom row...

http://fake-scam.info/index.php?action=gallery;cat=8496

16. fonspa

fonspa

In case Jeromesbrw deletes his account, heres a screen shot of his profile pic:

Jeromesbrw.jpg

17. Budget36

Budget36

Chances are the pic was lifted from somewhere.

18. raylloyd

raylloyd

looks like Tamara may have gotten her identity stolen in a scam call: https://www.facebook.com/search/str...4NzBlOTJjZWU4OTQ4ZjNiMjRiYWUzZGVlMzhhOGI3OSJ9

19. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I like paypal. I refuse to be backdoored again. I bought a door for my 27 Coupe from a guy in Canada. I received the door and also received a message from my bank notifying me that I was overdrawn and bouncing checks like crazy. Come to find out that the guy in Canada had backdoored my bank account through paypal. The feds did get him. But I will not keep my paypal account active.

Sent from my SM-G930T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. I hope we get this POS.
    Vic

6inarow likes this.
  21. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Buyer beware...if it is too good to be true..... $250, education.....whole lot cheaper than $2500...

Sent from my SM-J320V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Roupe

Roupe

I live 30 miles from Beaver Dam.

23. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

If you link a bank account to paypal, make it a separate account that you keep a minimum amount in then you can transfer money from your main account into the other one.

Never2low likes this.
  24. phat rat

phat rat

Exactly the way to do it. I transfer as soon as it hits my bank and never leave over a dollar in that account

25. CA. 280

CA. 280

I don't do business with any person or online company that doesn't have a PayPal account. It is the ONLY place online that has my credit card info. Makes tracking any problem easy.

48fordnut likes this.
  26. CA. 280

CA. 280

Have set up my accounts with Wells Fargo that any transfer of funds over $200 from my savings to checking must be done, physically, at the Bank. Sightly inconvenient but great piece of mind.

27. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

NO. I know what you are saying. The guy still back doored my account. Nothing is safe on the internet. Be very careful.

Rattleon likes this.
  28. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

I've gotten the $$$$ education more than a couple of times. What I've learned is you don't need revenge, the people that do these kind of rip offs will eventually do it to themselves and it will be far worse than you would have wanted. In perspective: That loser, pathetic piece of s--- will wake up tomorrow and is forced to be himself all day long, what could be worse, you on the other hand get to be you, what could be more fun,right?

kiwijeff, TagMan, Ravenwood and 3 others like this.
  29. What if they get hacked:eek: like all the other secure corporations that we read about every week. Just think about the ones that don't tell us because of the publicity. Nothing is truly safe anymore, it's the price of the I want it now mentality. I use USPSMO when I can (used parts etc.) and so far no problems. Bank to bank transfers for the big stuff and a card for the new parts from companies. I have been hit a few times with someone stealing my card info but that was not on the internet, local chain businesses with crooked employees. Checking your account at least daily is the best defense.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  30. dutchrod

dutchrod

Scammers like that are making it difficult for guys like me from europe to get some trust when buying stuff from the states.
    Here on a the Hamb i bought some stuff from some pedals to a complete Model A body , luckily these hambers where good people and i always got my parts as described.

lothiandon1940 and pitman like this.