Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scam alert coming from the UK...supposedly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xadamx, Jun 20, 2009.

1. xadamx

xadamx

Just got the same exact email with the same exact contact info from two separate people, two days in a row. I posted on Fordbarn for parts I need for my shoebox, and these scammers emailed me back, here is the email and their names/info:

Scammers:
    James Walken
    Andrew Scott

Scam email:
    Hi Mate !

My name is James Walken from London UK. I saw your Wanted Ad so I decided to write you as I have the item(s) in stock. Get back to me ASAP if you are still interested. What's your cell # ?

Thanks,

James Walken
    N17 9YA London UK
    +447024079228

My response:
    Go fuck yourself. Just got this exact same form letter from someone else, with the same exact cell phone number. Come on...why not do something honest instead of trying to steal money from hard-working guys that just want to build their old cars? I am going to spread the word about you and hopefully you don't make a dime off anyone. By the way, if you'd like to meet somewhere I'd be more than happy to rip your head off and shove it up your ass, piece of shit.

2. come on open up, how do you really feel? good heads up.

3. firingorder1

firingorder1

A career in the diplomatic service perhaps?

4. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

Had some 66 Mustang bucket seat advertised on Craigs list. A guy named John ? said he was moving and that he needed my address and when I would be home so he could have his moving co. stop by and pick them up. He left me no old or new address for himself. I told him, no thanks John boy. Just didn't seem right.

5. Bastards....N17 is where I used to work Adam.

Nice reply

6. xadamx

xadamx

I always knew all those limeys in that area of London were sketchy! Haha...

7. flatford39

flatford39

I have a wanted add on the ford barn & the same asshole responded to it. I think this is a Nigerian scam.

8. Your not wrong Adam, I lived in a much nicer area :D

9. tonys18t

tonys18t

That actually might be true:D

I've still got some mates who live near N17 (Tottenham), I'll send em round to slap him up a bit.

10. I get these all the time. I can't understand how anyone with any sense can fall for that.They are way too obvious if you read what they say carefully.I usually like to reply in the same manner as adam.

11. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I wonder if they will have the guts to write you back.

12. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

i thought it was a great response ,

13. I've had that same kinda bullshit of Craiglist. I just wrote back fuck off, but your response wins hahaha

14. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

dudley32, Got an e-mail from Andrew Scott, I asked around on a U.K. forum I'm on and nobody had heard of him, do these people have a Fucking brain in their heads,I don't reckon they do ARSEHOLES!

Nick.

15. Friend of mine didn't catch the scam. He got a cashiers check in the mail. I told him take that sucker to the B of A and try to cash it. The B of A took the check and were notifing the Feds. Friend told the scamer that B of A took the check. Scamer was not happy. Tough stuff...............

16. steveo3002

steveo3002
    from england

these scammers dont help us genuine folks that might like to do a deal overseas :(

17. vertible59

vertible59

"No more mister nice guy... No more mister clean"...

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

There is always one thing that is a dead give away to those types of deals..and its one word..."ITEM"
    they never name the "Item"..they just use that term..
    When ever im responding to an ad for something the first thing in my letter is what the hell it is im selling..or buying..

I hope these dip shits stay this stupid

19. greasy50chevy

greasy50chevy

couldnt have said it better myself...

20. Scammers are out in force lately, I can't tell you how many emails I've gotten to craiglist ads, sometimes asking about a car when I post an ad for parts even. Hell I had a couple that looked like they were supposed to be responses to a personal ad or something, those are usually phishing trying to get you to go to some phony dating site and give them your credit card info.

If it comes from googlemail or gmail 99% of the time it's a scammer, and I just ignore them. I see enough bullshit just from the assholes in this country, I don't need it from the assclowns in Nigeria too.

21. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Yea, the C/L is full of that shit. Any late model car/truck that is way cheap is a scam!!! These fucking no good bullshit people need to die a slow and very painfull death! That I would pay to watch.

22. dudley32

dudley32

hey...60'shotrod this guy has hit me up four times on FordBarn and once on here..
    I just delete...thanks my friend

23. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

good response, I was sellling an aeroquip hose on craigslist got an email from the same "person" ,I would love to buy your item for 1000 dollars over the listing price, i'll send you a cashiers check,bla bla bla. the listing price was 20 dollars :D should have sent him a picture of the item, fake check,fake item lol. The nigerians must have gotten a spell checker, usually the first line is something like " offisial bank notce, you havee ben awased 200000 dolars"

24. Not necessarily, its been awhile but I have received several responses to adz from north of London. I have family by marriage that live there. I contacted one of them and he reminded me that England has as many foreigners living there as we do and a good portion of them only know one way to make money.

25. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Don't forget "YOU WON THE UK LOTTERY!!!" just cash this check and send part of it back for processing. usually misspelled. And people do it!!!

26. S.F.

S.F.

probably not a good idea to respond to those emails, you can get a virus that way.

27. dudley32

dudley32

thats why I delete...don't open..

28. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I had the guy from London reply on my wanted add of Fordbarn,I replied saying you are a little too far from me to do me any good and deleted the email. There is no way in hell I would pay the shipping cost to ship a 292 Y block from London when a local junkyard has a few that I will look at if I cant find a running one.

29. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Yup ! just got one yesterday from an add on fordbarn. same shit have your item in stock, what your cell #

30. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I thought it was crazy that anyone would respond to a wanted add being in another country but I did not think about scammers,even if it was legitiment I would never go that far for parts. I know you guys on the other side of the pond with american iron have to but not me,you would think they would be trying to scam people selling parts but I better not give them any ideas.