Register now to get rid of these ads!

SBF Triples adaptor PIX!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by X38, May 1, 2007.

1. PM 63compact on here, he got his last week and is stoked!

2. dw

dw
    from utah

Not trying to hijack the thread I was just wondering if anyone has seen these A-daptors to use a 289 tri-power on a 302 or 351....Also found these A-daptors to use FE valve covers on these engines. I think the valve covers look spiffy on a 302 0r 351.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      15.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      19.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      20.5 KB
      Views:
  3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

A true hotrodder..very innovative!
    sweet!

4. So is the roadster getting one, X38?

I promise that if it does, I'll stop making GT Falcon comments. ;)

5. fast Ed

fast Ed

Just bumping this thread with some info about the OEM lower EFI intakes. The truck 302s all had those rectangular / trapezoidal openings, the truck 351W (except Lightning) had the oval openings, and all of the passenger car 302, non-HO and Mustang HO, had the oval openings with flat front and back.

As mentioned, the 302 truck lowers that these adapters fit, are available off eBay all the time for ~$20 or less.

cheers
    Ed N.

6. Anyone actually get one of these yet?

7. tjm73

tjm73

See post #61.

8. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

Yes I have one and it's clever with very good quality. Going on my `64 260 V8.

9. nexxussian

nexxussian

So, it's compatible with running progressive linkage?

10. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Can these be ordered from that email address provided previously?

11. Yes Flat Ernie, that's the one. And for everyone else who is interested - and there are quite a few of you - Lance is the man at that address and can answer any questions as well.

12. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Just sent an email - anyone running this thing with progressive carbs? How's fuel distribution? Looks like open plenum top into individual runners at mid-point - concern would be middle runners may be richer than outer runners...

Also, what are you guys that are running these doing to plug up the injector ports??

13. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Just ordered one...

Any thoughts on plugging the injector holes/bosses on the lower intake?

14. Mmm, nitrous? Being aluminuim I guess you could weld them shut or screw in plugs.

15. nexxussian

nexxussian

Or you could plug them with water nozzles and run 13:1 on pump gas:eek: (well okay, maybe not THAT much). Seriously though, it was the first thing I thought of when I was thinking of what to do about those. Maybe even spend the time to bend up hard lines for them, but might look goofy with carbs (like maybe they were fake and you were running EFI and just 'hid' the wires somewhere, kinda kills it for me :().

16. t-bolt

t-bolt

I have used a pipe tap and aluminum allen pipe plugs before, Then bead blast them and they will blend in.

17. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

Looks like an excellent Piece. Has anyone that bought one "AND" installed it please tell about how the performance is doing?
    I just emailed lance and am serious about getting one myself.

Its about time someone makes something for 3 bolt carbs on a small block ford. Im running an edelbrock intake on my 289 with a 97 adaptor which allows 2x2 setup from a 4v

18. 63Compact

63Compact

Permatex and welsh plugs just need to tickle the intakes to run 94's

19. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

???

tickle?

???

:confused:

20. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Nice intake adapter, I have been CNC'ing a similar one for several years myself that has different top configurations ! 2 x 2's, 3 x 2's, 4 x 2's and 2 x 4's. Your casting looks really nice....

21. skratch

skratch

cool

22. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

What the latest report on this set up?

23. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

I dont think the "bloaks"down under realized that their product was a violation of a currently and already existing protected patent in the US and its protected territories! Their product and identity have been add to the U.S. Customs watch list for imported goods. And will have serious repercussions from the U.S. Customs Service if its attempted to enter the U.S. or any of its protected territories.

24. nexxussian

nexxussian

CNC-Dude, ar you saying there is a domestic (USA) product that is available like this? Or is there just a patent and no product?

25. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

There is product available, unfortunately it is "billet", and doesn't fit the "traditional" theme with much that is featured on the HAMB. I've have spoken to my friend Dennis O'Brien about authorizing him to offer a cast version for the traditional crowd, since there is occasional interest in a cast version. My original design is a 4 x 2 version for the 5.0 intake standard oval ports that are inline. However, as CNC implies, I can accomodate any of the 3 or 4 variations that Ford offered in the 5.0 series, they will work on a 351 fuel injected version as well. Since the upper intake was the same on both engines. A picture of the 4 x 2 setup can be seen at www.marshallsince62.com if any interest is here. Thanks....

26. HasonJinkle

HasonJinkle

Well that sucks.
    Lance & Angie are good people and were great to deal with.
    As for a patent infringement- give me a break, it's a fucking intake not a new, rounder wheel. Only a douchebag would go through the trouble of diming them out to customs for some perceived patent infringement. It's not like they were looking to get rich of the thing or taking money out of someone's pocket.

This is the kind of shit that makes me hate all people.
    [​IMG]

27. fast Ed

fast Ed

Just so nobody gets caught on this ... the upper intake on a 351 EFI truck was not the same as 302 EFI truck. Whereas the mating ports on the 302 truck were more rectangular / trapezoidal, the 351 truck used oval ports, similar to, but not the same as, 302 passenger car. Now if you get into the GT40 version with the offset round ports, as used on the 302 Mustang Cobra and Explorer, and 351 Lightning F-150, those did use the same style ports.

cheers
    Ed N.

28. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

It goes beyond that!If it were merely a 1 or 2 piece deal for a one time affair, probably no harm done. But seeing that they were actually soliciting to manufacture an untold amount or quantity. And from the response that I counted was totaling close to $2K worth of potential lose earnings that could be taken from my pocket. Plus, I contacted them discreetly to make them aware of their infringement, and gave them every opportunity to renounce and make public the the HAMB and other contacts they may have made, that they should no longer attempt to accept funds from prospective clients,because of possible repercussions to them as well as too those that gave them money! And they did not,forcing the escalation of more aggressive measures. So in a nutshell "Buyer Beware"! Plus if you stood they possibility to lose untold revenue for a copywrited or trademarked item you would do the same, especially if it cost you several grand to get it protected to start with,that is the reason you get it patented or trademarked to begin with!

29. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I tattoo for a living.
    When someone else does a similar design, I just try to make mine better than the competition...you know, the old fashioned way of competing.
    This sounds like monopoly talk to me.
    So, are you going to offer a "non-billet" option, or are folks stuck with what you give them?
    If I mis-understand this, please explain, but as of this moment it sounds like: "I want everyone to buy my stuff, no one else to make stuff, and I'll decide how its made...I do not wish to compete, I would rather be the only game in town, thus all monies go to me, and me alone"
    Did I miss something in the reading?
    If I did I'm sorry, but I think if I didn't it sucks.

O.K....just read it all again, to make sure that I think your a dick...
    yep... I think your a dick.
    Do you keep a lawyer in a box under your bed?

30. PsychoBandito

PsychoBandito
    from Montreal

so you tipped off a couple of guys just trying to help out some fellow HAMBers?

nice move.

Seems to me by doing this you didn't just lose a possible 2000$ but most business from the HAMB.

i'll be sure to post your lovely stunt on every other board i visit aswell, just for good measure.