Register now to get rid of these ads!

SBF Triples adaptor PIX!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by X38, May 1, 2007.

1. tjm73

tjm73

I am offically interested in giving you some of my money now if this is the general area we are looking at.

Looking forward to more info when it becomes available.

2. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

yeah if thats the price or close to it, you can count me in as well..just pm me the details..Nick

3. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

You can count me in on a pair, my buddy will take one and so will I if price and shipping is good.
    thanks John

4. I'm interested as well

5. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

So don't need it but hafta have it... its just one of those things were you say, "look what I got."

6. rustrodder

rustrodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks good! Count me in for at least one!

7. tripleduece

tripleduece
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. tjm73

tjm73

Looks like we're up to about 8.

9. meteor

meteor

Make it 9. I'm in for one too.

10. tjm73

tjm73

FYI not all 5.0 trucks had the square port intake. There are at least 3 different truck intakes that I've seen. There is the square, oval and a trapizodial kind of port configuration.

EDIT: see post #49

11. Here's a pic of the manifold in question, so we all know what we're talking about, and the bottom on the top!

Attached Files:

12. Ok, here's the $ facts: To the US, by air $255, by surface $242. That's $USD. Obviously payment will need to be in $AUD. Other countries you'll have to email the guy direct as it will be case by case. PM me to let me know if you're in and I'll pass on the necessary contact details to you.

Once the parts are cast, each manifold is cleaned up and machined by the guy that made the pattern, so you'll be getting a real hands-on hot rodder piece. They are definitely NOT made in China!

13. tjm73

tjm73

14. Spooky

Spooky

15. Here's the latest. I've been given the green light to put the details here to help everyone out. So here goes.

The man behind this piece of work is Lance Hartwig and you can contact him directly on his email address which is [email protected]

He's also looking at setting up Paypal to make things easier.

I hope this will speed things up for everyone. The positive response has been a very pleasant surprise for Lance, especially since he didn't know I was going to mention it here. (Which makes it a HAMB exclusive).

16. meteor

meteor

hmmm...too bad the intake I have lying around is from a mustang (round ports).

Anybody know if the truck intakes (square ports) are easy to come by? what is the best place to find one, a wrecker or salvage yard?

17. does he cast those carb tops also?

18. Yes he made the stacks as well. Better email him about them if you're interested. He also made a pretty neat A model instrument panel.

19. tjm73

tjm73

I did some more research and found that of the 3 different 302 intakes, every single F-150 & F250 from 1987-1993 that had a 302/5.0 got that intake. Passenger cars got an oval port intake and the Mustang got a round port intake.

20. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So, how much to us Aussies?

21. Frank

Frank

If you pay over $75 for one, you are paying too much. I've found several for $50 and even less. The Mustang 5.0 guys like to salvage them and use the lower and make their own box upper. I never understood why Ford used so many different intakes instead of taking the best flowing of the bunch and stick with it on all the 302's.

22. Can to oval port intakes be made into rectangle ports with some heavy dremel work?

23. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Inside the intake manifold is it an open chamber?? If so why not just cut the webs out of them and bolt on the adapter??
    Or do they each have seperate tunnels to the pots?
    Or am I missing 'the big picture' here?

24. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

No
    Yes

25. tjm73

tjm73

Yes they can.

www.toohighpsi.com look for the engine work section on the twin Eaton blown 351W Thunderbird. He did it and showed you how he did it.

26. Carb-Otto

Carb-Otto
    from FINkLAND

What a brilliant idea! A bit like those old Y-adapters, but... better!

27. tjm73

tjm73

28. Doc, I've posted Lance's email in the thread so you can ask direct.

Re. the manifolds, everyone I know of chucks them off and uses carb induction, the injection has a bad rep here. Most towtrucks are F trucks and they all run carbs and headers. Lance got his manifold at a swap for $10. Australian.

29. born2late

born2late

count me in for 1!!!

30. tjm73

tjm73

Has anyone got one of these yet? I am about to pull the trigger on the purchase.