Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sbf help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheFalkenKid, Jul 4, 2012.

1. TheFalkenKid

TheFalkenKid

Guys I'm having issues with my 302. It seems to have no power. Its timed right and the ignition system is new. I don't know what would cause this.

Posted from Jalopyjournal.com App for Android

2. Zerk

Zerk

I'd like to hear details. What carb? Accelerator pump and power valve working? How much compression does it show? Any other symptoms?

3. moefuzz

moefuzz

Did it have power before recent work or did the new work cause this problem?

Lack of power = fuel filter, fuel line/dirt/tank/rust, carb, ignition, exhaust (crushed), timing/coil/condesnsor, transmission or brakes, this list gois on.

Put a vacuum gauge on it and compare your results with the chart.
    Pay particular attention to the action of the gauge as in wondering, flutter, dipping, frequency etc. and you
    will be able to pin point your engines problem.
    The vacuum gauge is one of the most valuable tools you can ever own.

4. moefuzz

moefuzz

5. Uh its a Ford?

There are any number of things that can make an engine not have power, the most common cause believe it or not is that although it hauls as it has hauled too many asses, or in a more polite fasion it is worn out.

Tell us what you know about the engine, when the last time was that it had power etc.