Register now to get rid of these ads!

SBF/289 Is for 60's HotRods. Don't put WW on it!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MATACONCEPTS, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Bestest thread EVAH!

2. Yep, you'd better scrap that thing before some Homies tell you it ain't traditional

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Haha, thank you for posting that picture, it was my laugh for the day !! :D:D

Don

[​IMG]

4. kracker36

kracker36

So, can you and your homies sport white walls if their traditional hot rod had a 327 in it?

5. Don't forget to post pictures.

6. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I guess I need to tell my Father he and his partner had it wrong,this car actually still exists.

Attached Files:

7. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

I nominate Deuce Daddy Don for post of the year!:D

From someone that was there and done it.

8. I can't believe I just read all of this......I need a beer...

9. Baby-in-a-bucket is the new bunny-with-a-pancake-on-its-head. ;)

10. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

call me old fashioned, but i will not allow my kid to be raised in a bucket of joint compound. it's just how i was i am.

11. slammed

slammed

I'm HIP! Many are just along for the moment. Here on HAMB town express. See my sig below.

12. kracker36

kracker36

Just make sure that your beer is traditional. ;)

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Damn. That thread got closed? What a crock.

14. yesterday with my Homie which I was teasing for being a Ford guy, I mean Mustang guy & we went walking around checking out cars, he has a 29 Coupe he puting a FHV8 in, thank god he's not doing the 302 thing anymore, well we came across this 30 A p/u, which most FNG's would call "Traditioinal" but you & I would call RR'ish & it had a SBF with the Cobra valve covers, I like Cobra motors, well you know, a clean 289, anyways . . . . I went on to tell him, "SBF/289 Is for 60's HotRods. Don't put WW on it!!!"

WW represent 50's, Hot Rod were orginally cuting edge so 60's was performance, performance tires, no white walls, well No Big White Walls. What year did the 260 SBF come out? 62?[/QUOTE]
    Went back to read original post. if you re-read it using Barny Fifes voice or even Gomers, its pretty funny all it needs is Gomer yelling "citizens arrest" at the end.

15. Went back to read original post. if you re-read it using Barny Fifes voice or even Gomers, its pretty funny all it needs is Gomer yelling "citizens arrest" at the end.[/QUOTE]

THATS FUNNY [​IMG]

16. TigerII

TigerII

PackardV8, don't mean to get in a dispute with you but after the first two conversions were done,the first by Ken Miles the second by Shelby, the Tigers forward never had Rootes Group 4 cyl engines installed. And yes the first two were badged Alpine. Interestingly ALL Tigers sold in Germany were badged Alpine, as the Tiger name was held by an aircraft manufacturer.

17. Im confused ...so would it be OK to put a SBF in a 32 chevy if it had wide whites?...are FNG WW the same as BFG WW?

18. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

I'm putting a 305 small block out of a third gen Camero in my custom.. AND IT HAS WHITE WALLS. how's that for traditional?

19. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

20. 2racer

2racer

PBR is not the only traditional beer...
    regalselectcs1.jpg

21. lewislynn

lewislynn

So no MIG, TIG welds or plasma cutting either then?

22. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Turn in your Texas Card! :D I thought you would be showing this picture

Attached Files:

23. Deuces

Deuces

I think he ment "Homeslice"...

24. Fk me ! It seems for a few here the only thing "traditional" is the bitching and crying about "traditional" !

25. Scumdog

Scumdog

Dang right!

Who died and made THEM God that they can decide what is traditional???:D

26. 2racer

2racer

I was born in California, lived there from 1954 until 2002, broke ass kids drank regal select as well as pbr, I remeber west capitol raceway only sold pbr...

27. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I'm there with you Fred.

28. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I'm not sure what this whole circle jerk is about. Is it another engine thing? Is it props for cheap shitty beer? Is it an anti WWW thread? I'd bet more than 1/2 of the replies posted are by those who were barely an itch in their daddy's sack when all the supposed "real" shit was happening. It seems those who are confused and like to argue about this shit are simply parrots. Hang on 1 facet of this diamond we all love as traditional rods then beat that to death. Let he who beat the horse while it was alive cast the first stone...

A quick edit here, this whole topic reminds me of a story at a Mopar/racing event. Here's this O/T car in blazing yellow, tubed, full cage, window net, punched out 440 with plenty of hose, enough to dip well into the 9s. Some self-proclaimed Mopar expert comes up, reads the fender tag, then tells my friend (homie?) that his car was supposed to be "Plum Crazy" purple (it's original color). "Can't you see the rest of the car? Get the fuck away from me.", and the guy left, all offended and unappreciated for his vast wisdom of Mopar history. I don't know about the rest of you but I see a parallel here, no?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  29. Aw, hell. After reading all this, I guess I'll have to scrap my car. Wrong tires, wrong motor, wrong welding. Better yet, I'll just scrap the critics and enjoy what I love. See ya on the road, Homies.

30. I love this shit! Mata enjoys a fat bowl and then stirs the pot. He's a good dude (homie)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.