Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs sbc talldeck intake manifold / Peak flow name

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kuhn1941, Nov 11, 2014.

1. kuhn1941

kuhn1941

I have owned this intake for around 10 years and purchased it from a second party off Ebay at that time . Not much info on it from the seller , Other than it is a 23 degree tall deck small block chevy custom intake made by a guy that raced pikes peak hill and built different versions of this intake with dominator top and mine is a 4150 top with a phoelonic spacer . I am trying to find out more info now because it has been a couple years since I have ask in the past .It would be nice to have a name and full back story about the reason and the builders views for the intake . Now I could see it being used on a open engine street rod to be appreciated not tucked away in my basement . http://s877.photobucket.com/user/565bbccarbed/slideshow/sbc intake peak flo

2. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

That's some nice work put in. What is the patent number ? Looks like 4872424....is that correct ?

turboroadster likes this.
  3. aaggie

aaggie

It would probably be along the performance curve of an Edelbrock Victor. I don't think there would be anything happening below 4500 RPM. The manufacturer was probably trying to come up with a "one from column A and one from column B" system that could be adapted to fit the type of competition at hand.

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Pike's Peak and Peak Flo with "mountains" in the background; makes me wonder if it had something to do with the altitudes involved? Did you mean "high rise" as opposed to "tall deck", as when I see/hear tall deck, it makes me think of the tall deck truck engines of the BBC variety, the 366 and 427 truck engines. I've never heard of a tall deck, small block, but maybe those exist in aftermarket form? It's an interesting approach to an intake; maybe there were different "tops" that had different runner lengths/shapes, that could be changed out for different conditions, rather than having to change an entire intake? I also see the mounting flange bolt holes are all elongated (?). I know my answer is just more questions, but I've never seen one of these before. Maybe you should also post it in the "rare SBC parts" thread here on the HAMB. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

5. it looks well made, was probably pricey back in its day.

6. kuhn1941

kuhn1941

7. indyjps

indyjps

You could search the patent number to see who owns it
    Aftermarket tall deck block, aftermarket heads, custom intake. Who knows what it fits now, its probably cut specifically for that combination, best bet is to mock up a factory small block and heads, see if the base can be machined to fit. Maybe sell it on racingjunk, stock car guys may be able to use it.

8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

9. Damn....beat me to it Stumpy. Good work. Pretty cool contraption....especially if one could change top plenums according to conditions.....maybe advance retard cam specifics with gear drive too ???? Fun stuff, for an altitude racer in different locales. Maybe...anyway.