Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Sbc mini starter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Francranbrook, Jan 21, 2021.

1. I have read through most of this thread. If the starter is heat sinking it really is not a faulty starter. That issue should be addressed . Or just spend money on another starter and see what the end result is.

BigDogSS likes this.
  2. Doublepumper

Doublepumper

The starter in my heap sometimes got too hot. I have a stash of factory starters, so I didn't want to buy something else. One of the winter projects was to do something about the heat problem. Stumbled onto an outfit called EZ Shield that makes shields for various starters. Pretty cool design and probably cheaper that what it would have cost me to make something.
    Thought I'd throw this in here, as I'd bet there are others here that don't need another starter;)

mad mikey likes this.
  3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

The "new" bolts started into the block, but really required some force to get them to "screw in". Removed them, swapped to the "old bolts" that went right into the block. You could see the threads goobered up on the bolts that came with the starter motor. Probably just Chinese "oversight"; I can probably find those bolts somewhere in my stash. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

4. Ericnova72

Ericnova72

mad mikey likes this.