Register now to get rid of these ads!

SBC Falcon help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirttoo, Mar 7, 2009.

1. dirttoo

dirttoo

I am putting a SBC in my '60 Falcon gasser. I will have no fenderwells and I want fenderwell headers. Does anyone know what headers I can use? Will '55 Chevy work? Early Chevy II fenderwell headers? Anyone have any good used ones for sale?

2. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Depends on where you put the engine but a set for an early Nova will work.

3. dirttoo

dirttoo

I don't plan on cutting the firewall to move the motor back but I probably will rasie it a couple inches.

4. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Here are some pictures of the ones on my 64 Nova. I used a set like this on my 61 Falcon that I ran a 327, 35 years ago. These are Cyclone headers and I don't think they make them anymore and are two piece with adjustable tube lengths. Hooker is a good brand for these. I would talk to a tech guy for your own piece of mind. The Passenger is no problem and depending on exactly where the engine is set you will need to watch for steeringcolumn and master cylinder clearance. Sorry about the dirty engine but this was my daily driver since 1992. Good Luck

Attached Files: