Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical sbc bell housing 33925505

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by BuckeyeBuicks, Oct 6, 2019.

1. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

My neighbor kid it trying to put together a model A coupster with junk yard parts. He has a 59 283 and is gathering parts to put a 3 speed trans in it. I gave him a bell housing with the casting number 33925505 but don't remember what it is off of and can't find that number in any of my books He has a million questions and wants to know what every part he uses comes off of..Can any one help me out?

1Nimrod likes this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

perhaps it's really 3925505? might find more info with that search?

68-72 truck bellhousing, it probably has the large center hole, and he'll need to be careful about what transmission he installs, so it fits properly. There's a spacer ring available to use the car transmission in that bellhousing, I think.

1Nimrod and big duece like this.
  3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Thanks Jim, I could very well wrote the number down wrong. Now that I think of it I did part out a 69 C10 about 20 years ago. I have a few more sbc bell housings around that I know are off of car engines. I don't want to cause the kid any more problems than he has now. I have a Saginaw 4 speed and shifter I think I will donate to his project, that should put a smile on his face!

1Nimrod and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. If it has mounting flanges on each side with a 1/2 bolt hole its a truck bell. The early truck bells for the 318 Muncie trans have a small diameter center hole. The later trucks that used the full syncro Saginaw three speed have like Jim stated a larger diameter center . V8 bellhousings 002.JPG

1Nimrod likes this.