Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saying hey, to all vets!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tx-Gasser, May 25, 2009.

1. Tx-Gasser

Tx-Gasser
    BANNED
    from Tx

I want to say Happy Memorial Day
    to all the active duty & vets in the
    Group! :D

2. ryno

ryno

a big thanks to all the vets

3. zzford

zzford

Add me to the list. A big thanks for your sacrifices for our great country! God bless you.

4. red3

red3

As A Soldier I want to thank all those who served before me.

5. 94hoghead

94hoghead

God bless all the Vets! What a great bunch of people! Thank you for your service...

6. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Thank you for all your sacrifices.
    Larry W

7. Tony

Tony

Another big thank you to all who are serving, served or were lost.
    God Bless and thank you!

8. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Here's one to fallen friends.

9. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

God bless you all.

10. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Thanks. You know when I came home 39 years ago the American people called us dope smoking baby killers. Well fuck 'em all, but, thanks for the ones that are true Americans and remember "all" the Vets today.
    Freedom isn't Free!

11. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From one veteran to another, thanks right back at ya. And to all of the Vietnam Vets, a special thank you and welcome home.

12. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Amen. Welcome Home!

13. Amen. Thank You Vets for defending our country and freedom. God Bless You.

14. This is the day for remembering our fallen heroes who have given their all for their country.
    My special moment for my uncle Clyde, lost in World War 11.
    Thanks to al the vets now serving so that others may enjoy freedom.
    We all owe service to our country, and some give so much more.

15. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Guys, I also would like to thank all the vets for their sacrifices. Where I work at Edwards we lost a T-38 last Thu. The back seater got out with a broken arm and leg. The pilot didn't make it. I have no current info, but the pilot was a single guy and gave the ultimate sacrifice to our country. I am sure that the days this week will be somber building to the Memorial Service for the pilot on Thu. I had been trying to let our students and instructors know how much I appreciate their service to our country all last week. Can't say much more.

God bless our troop and vets and all those who fell in service to our country.

41 Dave
    USAF 11/71 to 3/88 (E-5)
    Civil Service 2/89 to the present.

16. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

God bless all those who serve/have served and their families. . .

Smokin28
    MSgt, USAF Retired

17. Happy Memorial Day to all the Vets and Active duty Guys and Gals...You do it all everyday!! and we appreciate it every day. A good friend just had both of his sons join up together. God Speed to them..

Murph

18. Buff

Buff

all of us over here say thanks

19. duste01

duste01

I cant thank you guys enough.....!

20. pauliesocial

pauliesocial

rightly put guys.... coming from a former grunt in the Marines I appreciate and thank all of the guys and gals that have served from past - present.... my father was a tunnel rat with the 7th Special Forces green berets and 82nd airborne in vietnam.,... he is also a former POW so I have the POW / MIA crest tattooed on my arm for him and all others... I also have a lonely tear drop under my eye for all of my fallen brothers and sisters... got it done on the 2 year death anniversary of 2 of my best friends that I lost in Iraq due to a roadside bomb..... I served in all of my duty assignments from boot camp at the Island till I got out... so they were family to me... I come from a long line of military men back to when both sides of my family immigrated to this great country of ours.... and like someone else said prior
    FREEDOM ISNT FREE.....
    just remember to give a moment of silence at 3 pm today... not very many people still do that nor remember to do it... but like I said thank you to all vets past and present... you are always in my prayers
    Lance Corporal Pauliesocial
    USMC 1996 - 2000
    0311 Infantry
    8152 FAST Company 1

21. While it is great to honor us vets,just remember, it isn't Veterans Day. Its Memorial Day.It is the day set aside just to honor those brave vets that did not come back alive.God Bless their souls.Odds are that many of us would not be here if it weren't for our fallen buddies who had their lives taken from them in the prime of their lives.

22. x3. Memorial Day is to honor ALL of America's war DEAD. Veteran's Day is to honor the LIVING Vets.

As a retired USAF NCO, this blurring of the two commemorations is one of my pet peeves.

23. storm king

storm king

Thank those who have fallen today; you can thank the living vets on Veterans day.

24. rusty28a

rusty28a

I wish to thank those of you who served our great country and to all who lost friends and family to grant my family and I the freedom to blow massive wads of money on hot roddage!!!

25. goinforbroke

goinforbroke
    from PA

Thank you from myself and all 21 members of my family who served. Some never made it home. I am a 3rd Generation active member of the VFW. Remember the ones we lost, and the ones who never made it home.

P.O.W. M.I.A. You are not forgotten.

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  26. smarg

smarg

Thank you to all the vets on the hamb and around the USA

27. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

I thank all of my brothers that served before me! And to all that are serving with me now!

28. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Please take a moment to remember all the "Military Contractors", CIA officers and contract agents who have paid the ultimate price. 99.9% of us were former military service members and the CIA has it's own wall of stars for their fallen members but they never get any remembrance even though they are doing the job of protecting America from it's enemies same as our current armed forces members.

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  29. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I don't need a special day. I fly the flag with pride and will always. My son did two tours in Iraq, he's disabled now and retired from the Marines. I remember him and his buddies that are in the ground for their country every single day.