Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saying goodbye to a dear friend.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pete, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Dave50

Dave50

I`ll never forget the times we talked , Especially the day we where laying under my coupe @ Amherst swap meet just checking shit out talking about how it was built etc. We heard some guy say look at these 2 we just looked at each other and smiled. RIP TORR your sorely missed I just hope you know what you meant to some of us.

My thoughts and prayers to Pete and the rest of the Alterboys and his friends and family

2. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Sorry about your loss---too much of this going on.

3. NH Gearhead

NH Gearhead

I had just talked to him at the 1st Amherst swap this year.
    What a terrible loss.
    R.I.P. Torr

4. NoSurf

NoSurf

So sorry to hear. I never met him- but feel I should have- so many of my great friends were his. Thoughts and prayers to all.

5. moose

moose

I am not afraid to say I love Torr. I only wish I would have told him. He was one of the most dependable, smartest, helpful, giving people I have ever met. I am proud to have been a close friend.

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

So damn sad, he was a good cat, no phony bullshit ever from that fine man.

7. glassguy

glassguy

im really sorry guys... torr was a good shit. was a pleasure to bump into him when i did... its just aweful...

8. I felt Torr was a friend from the first time I met him. Only wished I lived closer so I could have hung out with him more often. Gonna miss him.

9. sproadster30

sproadster30
    from Natick, Ma

A solid guy for sure. Always ready and eager to help out, provide motivation, inspiration and more often than not, an over the top solution to a mundane problem. One of those true, unique individuals I'm proud to say was my friend.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. I have been so sad the last few days after hearing about Torr and his leaving of this planet. He was the realest deal! He was kind and mysterious. I admired him the moment I layed eyes on him and became quick friends. I usually spoke with him a few times a year becuase anytime I wanted to throw a real party, I wanted Torr there. I was merely and aquaintence compared to his brothers up in New England. All such fine people from up in those parts...again, the realest of people and true hot rodders. More then I could ever hope to be.
    I feel so bad for you guys becuase he was an inspiration to me and I knew him from a far. He must have been so special to you. The Rock and roll world will miss him I know it, that guy could turn a boring night into the baddest party you cound imagine.
    I always looked for Torr at a real hot rod show. You could often follow the PBR cans to him. I'll miss his feet poking out from under his car while having a snozze. He was the real FONZ! I know he's Ok, I'm sorry friends. Torr LIVES!

11. 00 MACK

00 MACK

What an absolutely cool guy. I once striped a 53 Chevy for him in the dark in a hotel parking lot. He pulled a set of 60 Chrysler taillights out of his trunk and sold them to pay me! True hotrodder!

12. OLLIN

OLLIN

Singer of Kings of Nothing right?
    Aw man sorry to hear this, I met these guys like 12 years ago and we played a couple shows together. One in Pomona and One at the Hollywood Paladium.

It was funny you could tell they were all old punks but Ill never forget they did a spot-on Cover of "Bad Boy" by the jive Bombers. Good times

Also, Ill never forget how they lit the Piano on fire on stage Jerry Lee Lewis style at the palladium. HAHAHA. The security ran out on stage and they wanted to stop the show!

Then later-on backstage, we were hanging out and someone brought a bowling ball?? Of course somehow or another we ended up using the beer bottles as bowling pins in the Paladium Hallway back stage. Crash!!!!

I think I remember talking to him about his merc too? I remember He was a car guy too.

RIP.

13. 00 MACK

00 MACK

He did have a chopped 4 door merc with little 4 door Hudson 1/4 windows and the back doors welded shut.

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

With a big Caddy motor that he blew up doing donuts.

15. I'm in shock, my son sean just called me with the heartbreaking news. Torr and my sons were friends threw highschool.Of all the kids that wandered through my house and garage I was always happy to see Torr He was just special and i enjoyed his company especially when i was working in the garage on some broken down pos as he loved to call them. Not long after i joined this site i saw a post with the name Torr and I said to myself how many people can have that name. So i sent off a pm and his response was He knew a guy with some pos's beside his garage in chelmsford and that is how i will always remember my friend Torr. He will forever bring a very large smile to my face with just the mention of his name. Godspeed my friend It's a peaceful ride from here to eternity.

16. gonzo

gonzo

One of my all time favorite Skoog memories is "The Battle of the Inlines". South Butler NY drag race. Torr was doing everything in his power to get people out of the field and onto the drag strip with their old cars. This day was priceless.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1370895963.941678.jpg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  17. Tony

Tony

I met Torr there that weekend. It was a great time for sure, and damn good guy!
    Extremely sad news!

Thouhts and prayers to all that knew him.

RIP Torr.

Tony

18. Wow! I hope that I'm man enough to have half this effect on my friends when I leave.
    Torr must have been one of those special people.....

19. adam401

adam401

I have been overwhelmed with grief since I got the news of Torr's passing. He was a great guy and I feel honored to have known him.

20. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Wow, shocked to hear this....I literally jus found there cd the other day cleaning my garage and have had it in since.......one of my favs. Damn....wont be the same. My thoughts and prayers are with you man...I know how ya feel--One Luv!!

21. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

22. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

The man was a true artist. My friend turned me on to him and the Kings many years ago as he was friends with Trafton from Satan's Teardrops and Kings of Nuthin'. I went to a few of his shows while living in New England over the years. Talked to him a few times at Amherst and other car swap meets.....just a cool guy.

A sad day indeed.

23. I know the pain Bro. I lost a very close friend only a few weeks ago. I am still privately grieving. Thinking about doing some type of car event in his memory. I hope this may heal the pain. Sorry for your loss.

24. Pete

Pete

Torr was one of a kind for sure, he made you hate him and love him in the same night, he knew how to push your buttons and enjoyed it. Im at a loss of words...we lost a king for sure, a true motivator and instigator. I cant seem to grasp the fact that he's really gone.

Pete-

25. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

26. gonzo

gonzo

Well put.

27. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I was shocked when I heard this,i have followed the kings of nuthin since they started,i saw them in san diego and spoke to Torr,you couldn't have conversed with a nicer guy.He was an amazing singer and true hot rodder ,one hardcore guy.Terrible loss for our community

28. flash

flash

29. moose

moose

Great picture, good bunch of guys.

30. S1B

S1B

Good pic!