Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Saying goodbuy to my old coupe ( 32 Ford content)

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jailhousebob, Apr 18, 2022.

1. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

So here's my 32 5 window being loaded into a trailer and taken home by it's new caretaker. Always hard to see them go but happy that it will be in good hands. The new owner is an old time 32 Ford guy that loved everything about the car.He is also a previous owner of the famous Tony LaMasa roadster ( The Ozzie and Harriet show)and a really great guy so i couldn't be happier! Can't wait to see whats next!

Attached Files:

2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Wow, Bob! Your '32 is a 'ringer' for my old '32. (was finished with 32 coats of red Nitro, everything but the chrome...Lots of it, Mom's boyfriend owned a chrome shop where I worked part time, 1957.)
    My flattie had a 4 jugger, (304" "too big for street")
    When did your buyer own the Tony LaMasa roadster? Previous to Don Orasco's resto?

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  3. brady1929

brady1929

Oh man, I don't think I could sell that.

SOHC427 and 210superair like this.
  4. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

Well, it's just a car.I've owned it almost 10 years which is longer that i've owned any other Hot Rod. I felt it was time and the "right" buyer found me so all is well. Excited to get involved in something different.

SOHC427, Scooterville and Chucky like this.

5. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

Yes, he owned it at some point before Don Orosco restored it but i'm not sure of the actual time period.

6. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

To quote Nancy Karrigan……whyyyyyy?

7. Bob, I remember that 32 sitting in your shop when we were there many years ago. Sad to see it go. What are you hunting for now? Did you ever find that panhead HD?

8. swifty

swifty

I'm with @brady1929, I could never sell that . What are the details on the car, Bob?

9. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

my condolances ... must feel like the kid heading off on his own...

10. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

Hey Walt,great to hear from you! Yes, that was the same basket case coupe that was in my shop so many years ago.It came out just the way i envisioned it and always got very favorable comments wherever i took it.So i'm looking for a 34 coupe or roadster or a survivor type 39 Deluxe coupe or convertable coupe.I always loved the 39 deluxe's and truth be told they are a nicer driving and more comfortable car to haul my old bones around in. If i get one i'd like to put a 331 Caddy in it. The 32 was fun to build but i like to change the picture every few years. I love this stuff but it's still just stuff. When i decide to sell something i do it with the excitement of finding something else so not much sadness involved. I like the hunting for parts and the building part much more than having the actual car.
    The sad thing is that you aren't sending me any more of that Vermont Maple syrup that you were making !
    I hope you are doing well and keep in touch. Bob

vtwhead likes this.
  11. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

Well, i like building them and i don't have the space or recources to keep tham all so i'm happy to sell one and start on another. It's just the way i roll. This was my 2nd 32 Ford and wanting something different. Anyway, it was an original barn car that had been a hot rod in the 50's. It was taken apart to "update" but never put back together.Orig body and frame, 39 trans,39 Merc. rear with 3:54's , 40 brakes, mild 59 ab with Thickstun PM7 and dual 97's, 48 F1 steering and old mor drop big beam axle. Just the typical traditional stuff. I used a 34 rear crossmember to get the rear a bit lower and a model a front crossmember.Stock 32 K member. Thats about it. Glad you like it !

12. Wish it was coming home with me! Can’t seem to find one.

13. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Healthy outlook, Bob. I work on having that, but sometimes am given to fits of anxiety, nostalgia, and unreasonable reasoning. (grin)
    Regret selling some (most) of them, but my '27 T tub and '47 sedan are in the works and my present 'jobs'.
    Your '32 pics brought back memories of my red one, mostly nice ones...
    That '32 lent me the occasion to meet most of the traffic force in a large California city! Grew me up, finally.

14. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I also would find it difficult to part with that. However, I can only assume you have a giant pile of money to comfort you, along with the promise of the NEXT car. Which is a comforting pair of things....

15. bucket55

bucket55

I am trying to get up the jam to put my 31 up for sale again. COVID stopped me before, not as many excuses now. Love that coupe.

16. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

I've sold several I hated to see go, but the next one always brings a smile to my face.