Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods "Say hello to my little friend!!" 1939 Fiat Topolino first start up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiat gasser, Mar 8, 2015.

1. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

First start up had a blast! Me my Dad and my Son(taking video) great day that has been nearly 10 years in the making. Hope you enjoy.

Donald A. Smith, ME.GASSER and TFoch like this.
  2. funk 49

funk 49

Congrats, I'd like to see it make a pass.

3. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Sounds Great, now just the finishing touches!
    Well done
    KK

4. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

Sounds fantastic!!!!! Would love to see it make a run.

5. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Thanks guys. I would really like to take it to the track this year. It is getting closer but still a lot to do.

6. WOW, listened to that video a couple of times.

7. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Thanks 1927graham, Glad you liked the video. It was a dream come true and overall just a great day.

8. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Congrats - sounds great

9. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

10. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Way cool.

Hey Im planning my Topo build at the moment and have some serious issues around space. Im big, and the car is small. I think my engine will be similarly placed to yours, and the firewall will be pretty much in the same place as your too. Do you have pikkys of the interior of your car that you can put up that show the placement of the pedal box relative to the seats and steering? Thanks, Todd

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  11. Sounds great, any updates over the summer?

12. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Things are progressing with the Fiat nicely. This past weekend drove it for the first time. Out of the garage and a quick trip down the street and back. (need plates before I go to far) also did a few burnouts in the driveway. a lot of fun and a long time coming. made a video but can't get it to download. sorry

TFoch likes this.
  13. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome! I have been following your build for a long time, not sure how I missed this one....Congrats, very cool little car!

14. Glad to hear you took it for the first ride. Congrats!! All that hard work is starting to pay off. Hope you can figure out the video, it would be cool to see.
    Tom

15. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Well it has been a while since I first contacted You !!! At that time You had the original chassis and running gear on eBay (I Think maybe 5 years ago). I keep looking at the thread and I think that You have done well. Be safe and enjoy the Fruits of Your Efforts......... Can't wait to see more..................... Later, Jeff

16. yruhot

yruhot

Wow that thing sounds pretty bad ass. Congrats. Now lets see some track action, I guess we got to wait till spring. although I hear its pretty warm back east. And we are freezing our asses off. YRUHOT