Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sawzall & Tokyo Pucked my A$$

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Missing Link, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Missing Link

Missing Link

It's not what you think!

What a freakin' weekend! Between teh weather being awesome and getting a chance to hang out with a few buds I couldn't have axed for more.

I hate to ask people for help because I know schedules are tight and people have their own shit to do and I hate to impose. But there are a few things that I am just not capable of doing on my own. Luckily I have two people that I call friends, that are willing to take time out to help me rectumfy me problems.

Sawzall & Tokyo dropped by on Saturday to give me a hand getting a few things buttoned up on the 46. The day started out normal enough with a trip to a semi-local junk yard. Jeff and Brian were searching for parts, I was searching for beer. Although I did pull a sweet gas pedal/linkage assembly that I think will work the nuts. Those two were busy digging around the "old" section getting miscellaneous items. It was a beautiful day for sure and I already have a sunburn line on my fore head...that wasn't expected but it's there now!

Anyway, we all returned to my garage. Or as Spike would call it a "Gay-rage." I digress...
    I needed some help finalizing the rear installation, precisely the upper shock mounts. Now, I can sort of/kind of half ass weld on a good day but I don't have the equipment or the confidence to make a good, solid, structural weld. So I needed to ask my buddy Sawzall to give me a hand with that. Tokyo, Sawzall and I got into a mad thrash on saturday afternoon that had my head shakin' and my bowels quakin'!

After a small fire, some slight gayness running amok, Jeff managing to singe his sack hairs, and my drunk wife taking pictures of the fiasco we discoverd a slight problem. You see, the perch depth on the rear I am using is deeper than the spring pack. No, you say? Yeah! I shit you not. What a shocker. Things were going too easy up until that point. We kicked around a few ideas. Cut some of the plate I have, double up on the home made spring pads, take turns farting towards the sun...and then Jeff cam up with an idea.

I had a few hockey pucks sitting on the work bench. After some general measurements we found out that the width of a puck would make up the gap between the leaf spring and the shock mount pad perfectly. It would slip up into the perch and give us the spacing we needed to finish up the installation. Dude, it's a RAT ROD! :D Jeff is a "genious" or something. So who says hockey and hot rods aren't related!? It's a good thing I had some team pucks flying around...It's not going to stay that way folks. I plan on puting lowering blocks in that will eliminate the puck. But I wonder how it would work...hmmmmm...see the attached picture. Although, I probably won't ever buy motor mounts again! I guess Canada is worth something! ;) Just F'n with you canukleheads! :p

So to make a short story long, We kicked Ass! The rear is in the car, the mock up motor/trans is in, the frame is modified and I am am not the one who burned my sack! HaHa! Oh, and the Stangz Gang rules!

A lot of work by us and it should be worthwhile when everything is finished. But I have to say, if it wasn't for those two "phaggaes" I wouldn't be at the point that i am at right now. I owe them both big time and hopefully I will be able to help them out with something in the future. Big thanks to them! They are both good friends and have helped me out more than I think they know. I really appreciate it! I can't wait to get on the road again!

2. Spike!

Spike!

Anyway, we all returned to my garage. Or as Spike would call it a "Gay-rage." I digress...
    I needed some help finalizing the rear installation, precisely the upper shock mounts. Now, I can sort of/kind of half ass weld on a good day but I don't have the equipment or the confidence to make a good, solid, structural weld.

You mention my name, Gay, Rear, and Ass all in the same paragraph. Go find a rainbow...

Seriously, Sawzall and that Canadian guy are awsome. Jeff is gay. I'm surprised the Canadian didn't think of the hockey puck.

Spike

3. SnoDawg

SnoDawg

Hockey pucks are great I used them for the body mounts on my Unibody when I swapped to the 74 F250 frame.

Dawg

4. Missing Link

Missing Link

Somewhere-er-er-er-er-er Ohhh-fir the Rain-bow-oowooowoowoow...

You just wait Spike. A new Rod & Keister may appear! :D

How did you make out with the hood/paint on the Buick?

I tell you what though. My big, fat, hairy back won't be able to slip under this car soon! That doesn't say much since the car used to sit like a 4X4 and I STILL couldn't get under it without a jack!

We put 15" rims with snow tires on the front (it's all we had that would fit) and 14" rims on the back and the thing still has a slight rake!

I am so exited about this I freakin' car I could shit myself...again.

5. Spike!

Spike!

I saw a double rainbow at the Jalopy Jump-N-Jive last year. True story.
    The Buick is fine. Grumpy hooked me up with the paint codes/formula so if I choose to get it fixed, I can. Its actually not that bad. For now I have it touched up so its not that noticeable. Not that I was ever afraid to drive it before, but now I'm not as worried about scratching it.

Rodz-In-Keisterz. Now THATS a mag. I tried to name the new mag that, but the whole "Z" usage thing made it look gay. I did "push" for the word "Rod" in TRK, and sure enough, I won. Peace out Napoleon

Spike

6. Missing Link

Missing Link

Are you trying to say that my "member" looks like a sea horse?

Five responses and this thread already went downhill...

Good deal with the Buick paint at least. Maybe one of these days I will be able to drive this car to any event!

First day of spring...Robbins chirpping, chipmunks pissing in the snow, burgers grilling, garage doors closed because it's 40degrees and raining. Just like '04 bro's.

7. Mr. Link...sir...

It was a pleasure to assist you with your "mission from God". I got to get some more experience in areas that I never had before. Get that rear situation figured out so we can get to the good stuff...i.e. motor trans installation and start up...

Chrome reverse rule...wide whites are the shizzznit.

tok out.

8. sawzall

sawzall

Stan.. your welcome..

here for all the world to see.. our pal.. Missing link..
    [​IMG]

and his sNOw tires..

9. coupedevil

coupedevil

:confused: I'm surprised you guys didn't hit the Maple Grove swap in the a.m. We scored on wheel for the breadtruck. Been thrashing on it trying to get it ready for the season. Hopefully getting the Harrismentburg stuff will not be a problem and we can run it as soon as it's done :D

10. Duck

Duck
    from Pasco, WA

Sawzall is my hero. Any car he works on will be worth alot of money because he will be FAMOUS someday.

-Duck