Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saw it Coming...header flange gasket info??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by exwestracer, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Just went to a "chain" parts house to get some 2 1/2" header flange gaskets...you know, the 3 bolt ones that are on about 50 million sets of headers from the 1950s to present? Well, they're not out on the racks, and the parts guy (who was older, a former Chevy tech, and pretty sharp) could NOT find an application to match it up with.

So here we are...I can get 20 different shades of neon to put under my car, but I can't get header gaskets. He even checked for a Honda!

Anybody know a stock application that for sure uses a 2 1/2" hole and 3" center distance between the bolt holes? I've never needed to know, because I could always WALK IN AND GET THEM...

2. barney rubble

barney rubble

Just went to a "chain" parts house

I think this is the part of your statement that is the problem.

3. Just ask them for a Fel Pro 2014

4. squirrel

squirrel

5. lawman

lawman

Gosh,That was sure easy !!!! Tom (Tired Old Man)

6. krazy kory

krazy kory

U know I use the steel donut for b/b manifolds in my shorty headers . Work good .

7. It shouldn't be!

It's not like I was looking for a frammulator spring for a '61 Wartburg...

And yes, I know I can get them from Summit, thanks. It just seems like this is something that SHOULD be available "down the street"...

Aw, fuggit, guess I'm just venting. I'm cursed to be old enough to remember "real" parts houses...

8. Cop treats won't work on this one. Everything is perfectly flat and has raw weld on the inside...and it's turbo stuff.

9. Jared Carnahan

Jared Carnahan

i try to stay away from chain part stores especially A.Z. fortunately we have some real nice independent suppliers in in san bernardino... but recently all of our local kreagens turned into O'reilys witch i cheeked out and found header flanges on the shelf there they actually had a whole entire isle of usable stuff and not just Mr. gasket or the dreaded specter but edelbrock and holley parts it was quite the shocker

10. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Went to Autozone the other day to get a universal ignition switch. The gal at the counter says,"For what make and model?"
    I told her, "If I told you it would only complicate things and you'll never find it."
    To which she replies, "Humor me, and let's give it a try."
    Ok I like to have a little fun myself, so I reply,"A 1937 Austin A8 sedan." (with a big old grin!) The look on her face was priceless! :)