Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical saving rear floor pans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1930artdeco, Nov 1, 2021.

1. The floor pans in my 57 wagon have holes in them that I would like to save. The metal itself is a bit thin but the bullet holes in the floor pan I would like to keep for character sake. What is the best way to do that? fiberglass/epoxy/metal support and then prep and paint?

Thanks,

Mike

2. junkman8888

junkman8888

Instead of worrying about keeping the bullet holes that are in the rear floor pans, I'd be making sure whatever the previous owner was shooting at is not still hiding in the car somewhere.

3. Squablow

Squablow

Since you won't be able to see them anyway in the car, I don't know why you'd want to save them. Maybe cut the panel out and hang it on the shop wall where you can display it as a trophy, the way drag racers display blown-up engine parts and replace the pan.

catdad49, Packrat and Mark Yac like this.
  4. Squablow, forgot the carpet will be stiff and then there is the insulation. So hanging on the wall it is.

Mike

catdad49 likes this.

5. Squablow

Squablow

My T roadster had a bullet hole in it that the previous owner was fond of preserving, but the car was destined for a full bodywork and paint job. So instead of welding up the hole, I cut it out in a little square panel, welded in a replacement square and gave the bullet hole panel back to the guy I got the car from, he thought it was cool and kept it as a souvenir.

catdad49 likes this.