Register now to get rid of these ads!

saved from the crusher!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moparsled, Mar 22, 2007.

1. this '62 Mercury Monterey 9 passenger wagon showed up at the crusher one morning. I couldn't resist. Kinda like a puppy at the pound.

300 H.P. 352, Automatic, 3.00 9", Air, extra seat,

I put a battery and cables in it, tried to jump the starter, but it wouldn't turn, so I have to pull the starter next.

clean title, last tagged in Oklahoma in '83!!

Attached Files:

2. lincolnlog

lincolnlog
    from Arizona

that is way cool, nice save!

3. Retro A

Retro A

what
    Why would you crush a car that nice :eek:

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

You've saved a good one. It's so clean inside and out. I guess the front seat must be toasty since you didn't show it but who cares??

5. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

Awesome Merc longroof and one of my favorite years...:) A minor point, but if it has a 352 2bbl, she has 220 horses. I live across town from our crusher, watch zillions of cars being hauled through town but NEVER see anything cooler than a '90s Cavalier or Crown Vic...:( Maybe I need to tow my stretcher over and sit in the parking lot a few hours per day..:D

Jan

6. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Awesome stuff moparsled, well done.

7. 55olds88

55olds88

good save, feel freeto toss it in a container and send it over here :)

8. scrap cars here are at $220 a ton, so cool stuff is coming out of the woodwork here, pretty much every day. Fortunately, there are alot of guys "in the know" who are grabbing the good stuff before it gets damaged, and trading it out for crap. I've missed a couple though. This one came in only minutes before I did on a Monday morning, that's how I nabbed it.

9. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

What a beauty, perfect road trip car! Theres a 60 galaxie 4 door near me, has a not forsale sign on it, i want it so bad, trims there, dog dish caps and its black. The guys from fairhaven will know what im talkin about.

10. Fleetliner

Fleetliner
    from Oregon

If a car like that comes into the yard and some one is twisted enough to crush it, I wonder if they would even eat their own young.

11. ray

ray
    from colorado

man, that's gonna make a nice cruiser for the lil lady with not much work! get er runnin, maybe a scuff n shoot in basically stock colors, but some pearl on the body and abalone flake on the roof, some chrome steelies on pinner whites, and dump it in front with some airbags.

yeah.

12. Muttley

Muttley

Anyone who would crush that ought to be signed up for the Converse dental plan.

13. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

Cool ride. Thanks for saving that, even though it's a Ford... :D ;)
    I really can't fathom the idea people are actually sending their still good vintage tin like that to the crusher for a lousy couple of bucks.
    Why isn't there a law against that already? Like, it's prohibited to demolish true and still usefull American history in such way or something like that.

14. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Oh there will be a seat in Heaven for you after that save.. Never neglect a long roof....

15. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Man what a great old longroof...glad there are people watching for this kind of stuff...great save, man.....

16. Thumper

Thumper

Damn, great grab......ya did good !

17. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Why on earth would some one even think about crushing a car that nice. IT is a complete car, and in thepictures looks really solid. Nice Save!!!

18. who would have thought there would come a day where I would be saying "great save" on a wagon. dig that underdash air. wooooot ! Good job on the save indeed, pretty clean, I wonder why they were tossing it?
    any dead bodies in the back?

19. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

Thats a great looking car. Damn good save, I am a big fan of the early sixties long roof cars.

20. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Poeple are twisted to take that car to be crushed when so many deserving hondas roam the roads.

21. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Gezz, that thing is nice. I hope the crusher is at least decent enough to set the old stuff to the side so people can have a chance at it.

Just curious, what did it cost? What do they sell them for - like $500?

22. Hell, yeah! Whoever would crush that deserves to have his nuts crushed.

23. S.F.

S.F.

wait a minute.....they were going to crush that? Makes me wonder what else is being scrapped

24. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Hahahahaha!!! That's great!!!

25. sojerscraper

sojerscraper

sweet save!

makes me think of the guy who told my friend last week that he totaled a 65 chrysler just like mine in a demo derby a few months ago. wtf?

26. slammed

slammed

Extreem high-5 for you mister Mopar!! Freakin' thing look's dyno, love that tail light treatment too. Long live the long roof's.

27. Django

Django
    from Chicago

My God, how could anyone crush THAT!

28. Fidget

Fidget

So, what would they get for that at the crusher? $500??

Damn assclowns need to be tied up with a tow rope, and be dragged naked across the salt flats!! :mad:

29. Jimv

Jimv

I noticed there was no P/B's.I had a 62 ford wagon with out P/B's , What a rush everytime you bring her to a stop, makes a man outta ya!!lololol
    jimv

30. oletruck

oletruck
    from Hurst, TX

nice long roof = lots of metal flake:)