Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features SAVE FROM SCRAP THREAD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skiviskaves, Oct 9, 2014.

1. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

I would like to dedicate a thread to saving good vintage iron from becoming scrap. It just breaks my heart when I see some stuff go to the yard, but I can't take everything...maybe someone else can. If you run across traditional cars, parts, tools, equipment, etc that are heading to the scrap yard and it makes you want to cry, post it up here, maybe someone can give it a good home. Anything posted should be free for the taking or sold for scrap value. Let's work together to save the good stuff that's left out there, you know they'll never make it like that again.

Jakesrocks likes this.
  2. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

OK I'll start, this is the piece that inspired this thread. My buddy has a bitchin 1947 Alignment Rack/Lift. This baby is in full working order, awesome chrome projectors, mirrors, light up cabinet, pneumatic lift. With 150 psi it will lift your ride high enough to roll under with a creeper and comfortably turn wrenches. You could drop a trans out from under this thing. The whole machine is super clean and still in service in a local Garage. He is sending it to the scrap yard early next week if nobody comes for it. I wish I had room...my wife said absolutely not. Got room in your garage for this functional and beautiful piece of history? He estimates scrap value at $200 and that is what he wants out of it. Located near Delafield, WI. Serious takers please PM me to see it/pick it up, you won't regret saving this neat unit from scrap.
    [​IMG]

Markmonty likes this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy

Anybody know a HAMBer in Delafield? o_O

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

That is pretty cool, I imagine that was a pretty high tech piece of equipment for 1947.

5. If it were only closer:(

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

your friend is an idiot.

Muttley likes this.
  7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

...and theres a "like" from 49ratfink,:D

8. Different people have different reasons for selling stuff.........

9. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, and a PM is going his way right now...

10. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Whoa! We are in delafield!

11. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well that didn't take long! Wish I had room in the old one stall.

12. IMG_4548.jpg
    I saved this pile this summer. We are in the process of shortening and dropping

13. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

Awesome, there is a mid 50s ford bus at Symco every year, chopped and shortened. Looks killer.

The alignment rack found a good hamber home, I knew you guys would come through!

Somebody please keep this thread alive!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Jakesrocks likes this.
  14. I'll have to dig through my shed and see what I don't need. I know I've got part of the windshield for a
    23 Studebaker touring car. Probably have a bunch of other parts too.

15. Weird A

Weird A

Hey Jake, give me a call 320-493-7264 Bill

16. 102_0591.JPG That's just really awesome the front end rack found a home. At that age it could be in a museum. I'll include a pic of a body that was destined to be cut up for pieces to use on another car. That's it in my avatar now. this is the other side of the coin. the op mentioned old iron so I take that to mean cars also. Tim

skiviskaves and stillrunners like this.