Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saturday Night Cruise Night Vancouver Washington July18

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NWHotRodder, Jul 17, 2009.

1. NWHotRodder

NWHotRodder

Making a note for the Northwest Portland/Vancouver area folks........
    This Cruise is tomorrow evening from dusk til dark, Main Street, Downtown Vancouver Washington.
    Havent scene an organized "Cruise" on an actual street around here for years.
    Heard its going to big good.
    Who's going?

2. couverkid

couverkid

I will be going. This is where my parents met in 1973 my mom worked at the dairy queen downtown vancouver. I have heard lots of storys from them days. Hope there is a good turnout,there should be.

3. couverkid

couverkid

Bttt for the Portland oregon vancouver washington people

4. NWHotRodder

NWHotRodder

Nice Turn Out Last night, Forgot the Camera and missed a good portion of the area with cars due to talking to friends and such, anyone have some pictures they can post up?

5. edsel

edsel

I really didn't think Phil would get much of a turnout so NO Camera, man did I screw up ! It was almost as crazy Saturday as it was back in the 70's when I cruised the GUT ! The cops were great and I never saw them pull one person over , even though thanks to the Ricers they did have some good reason's to do so. This cruise was even bigger and better then Billet proof was.
    It was AWESOME !! I saw friends that I hung with back in the day and even an old (literally) G/F from the day what an awesome night it was , I saw some HAMBers there so I hope they took some pictures.

Edsel

6. april may

april may

I live downtown and I could hear it when it started, pretty cool. I didn't snap any pictures because I had to take off, but it was probably the most action main st has seen for awhile, especially since they canceled their little "street festival" this year. I just wish some of the cars I saw came out more often.

7. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

turn out was awesome!! nice mix of cars, something for everyone. i only saw one "ricer" acting up though, however, there were some adult(looking) folks there in muscle cars acting like complete morons! i mean really.. smoky line lock burnouts with kids and peoples prized cars within a couple feet! especially the one a-hole in the 69 camaro! go back to gresham! everyone had a real good time none the less. hope they can do it again next year.

8. very cool is the DQ still at the top of the "strip"? we used to meet there before headin to lower river road,for you guys old enough to know what that meant.couverkid say hi to your folks for me.............Kent

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  9. overkillphil

overkillphil

Ahhh, Lower River Road! First time I had ever seen a no-shit starting line painted on a road (albeit a dead end road out in the middle of nowhere). Those were the days!! I'm heading back up to Vancouver this weekend for vacation, and will be hitting the Beach cruise and drags at PIR on wednesday...

10. 19CHEV59

19CHEV59

no pics sham sham ha ha ha maybe next year you will know i am for real when i say, ITS GOING TO BE HUGE!!!! Later cal..

11. Lower river road was the best...at one point we had painted start,stage and 1/8th and 1/4 mile lines plus a sign that said welcome to LLR Raceway in about 75-77......spent alotta late nites/early mornings out there,cops only busted us hard a couple of times thanks to CB radios~~ 10-4...........LONG LIVE THE PORTLAND CHEVELLE CLUB!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  12. Da Flash

Da Flash

Saturday nite on Main St. What a gas, it was more fun the the Concours at Forest Grove the next morning. Saw a lot of friends, picked up some passengers and made a lot of great images, some of them right from the car. Me and my squeeze will be back next year fo sho
    Da Flash

13. 26 coupe

26 coupe

Great pictures. Sorry I missed next time I will be there.

14. greasemonkey060

greasemonkey060

Haha that's rad! I didn't know anyone else on here knew of that!

15. OH yeah........I was thinkin the same thing,then again some just might not cop to it