Register now to get rid of these ads!

Satellite radio Sirius vs. XM

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by danev2, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Does either one have a Rockabilly station?

I don't think so.
    That's reason enough for me to save my hard earned money and listen to HD radio at home and CDs on the road

2. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I like hearing from the guys that have both and can compare.
    I have XM, and haven't ever had the chance to use a Sirius system. I love the XM. Channels 10-17 All country. Wired Woodshed Rocks! Hanks Place! X-Country. Love 'em all.
    Sounds like both are good systems, but I agree there will be a merger in the future.

3. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I have Sirius and like it. I've never listened to XM, so can't compare. Whatever you get, You'll probably like. What I found cool, I was on a 7700 mile trip in March and never had to change the station, unless I wanted to listen to something else.

4. I have XM....I like it a lot....

5. Tony

Tony

I was talking to a REAL good looking chick that come's in the shop i work at about this....she has Sirius and said its the best...
    And i have NO reason to doubt her at all!!!:D:D
    Then again, i'd probably believe olmost anything she said...olmost..

6. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

channel 5 has the rockabilly road show(an hour program) channel 12 plays some rockabilly(along with alternative country music) and fungus 53 has hee haw hell( a 30 minute show everyday that plays everything from trad rockabilly to psychobilly punk,)

i love XM and take it everywhere , i have a portable unit that i swap from garage to work truck to personal truck,we also have it in the old ladys ride

i really dig these channels

5 - 50's music
    44 fred- old alternative & new wave
    47 -ethel -mixed of old & new alternative
    48 -squizz- modern rock(tool,system of a..,etc..)
    53- fungus- mostly punk,some ska,surf a billy rockabilly etc
    54-lucy -similar to 47
    65-rhyme- old school hip hop
    66-raw- uncensored rap
    83-chrome-old school disco
    90-fuego- reggaton

i listen to alot of the others,but i find myself listening to those channels alot..another cool thing about XM is all the exclusive concerts,interviews etc...just this past weekend "bonnaroo" was brodcast all weekend:D

7. flynstone

flynstone

i have sirius it took a month to get off of blues but now its outlaw country with mo jo it is country the good way,,,,,,howard sucks he is in love with himself have not gone to his station yet and never will.........a long time ago i did listen to him until i found out its his way or the highway........i like the highway.....................flyn

8. But no 24 hour rockabilly station like http://stations.loudcity.com/453/index.html

9. rebarsfords

rebarsfords

I deal with both at the store I work at. There's no hidden loopholes. You do
    have to sign up for at least 6 months I think. Both have a lot of great channels.
    You'd probably be happy with either. I have XM. Had it since the begining.
    I've been happy with it.

10. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

11. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have XM, love the breakdown of the 50, 60 etc. Hanks place rocks but the biggest disappoint is the Rock station. It plays to many B side hits and not enough main stream 80's big hair bands.. They need another rock station.

12. XM Has X Country, Hank's Place, Bluegrass Junction. An OK reggae station, Baseball.

The only time I EVER listened to Stern was on the day Miles Davis died and Stern called him a washed up junkie. Miles had more talent in his farts than Howard Stern has in his whole life. I rejected Sirrius because they play him.

Your mileage may vary. Seize door for details.

13. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

how about open headers? :D

14. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

I've road tested BOTH Open headers and Sirius and my vote is for Sirius.

I SAID SIRIUS!!!

Between Outlaw Country, Underground Garage and BTLS how can you go wrong?

15. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

my truck has Sirius. My partner has XM.

we dont take his truck many places.

the only reason anyone would like XM more is because they have to tell themselves that to deal with signing up for a year.

Outlaw
    Elvis
    Buzzsaw
    Little Steven
    All Stones
    Stern

not even close.

16. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I gotta tell ya, I love that howard stern! When he first came on, you could ge t his show in the morning then i think they'd replay it once or something, then it was crappy howard stern news. Now I think the way they do it is they have one channel that's always on a re-broadcast of a howard show(the latest one usually) and the other channel is howard news, or maybe Bubba the Love Sponge which I've kinda started to like, and I heard Ferrel maybe a month ago but haven't heard since, maybe i just don't tune in when he's on.

i agree, you'll probably be happy with either one.