Register now to get rid of these ads!

SASKATCHEWAN HAMBers - this weekend Superrun.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JonnyRockets, Jul 28, 2005.

1. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Hey - Any of you Saskatchewan HAMBers going to make it down to the superrun in Saskatoon this year?

I know JD and I are going to be there - Kruiser63 and a couple friends are planning on heading down, FRY is coming up from Swift. Mr57 - you gonna hit it?

I plan on taking a bunch of pics and of course - posting them on the HAMB.

[​IMG]

2. Canuck

Canuck

Not from Saskatchewan, but leaving tomorrow morning. See you Saturday.

Canuck

Manitoba

3. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Friggin A!

If anyone on here is in Saskatoon at 9:00 - 9:30 AM and has to eat breakfast. JD and I are meeting at ALBERTOS on Idywyld for Breakfast around that time - then heading off to the show.

4. It's worth it to drive to S'toon just for Alberto's clubhouse sandwich!!!!!!
    My brother is here for the weekend, so I should sneak out:) You guys have fun!!

Look for the guy in the candy apple red 57 sedan delivery - he has beer!!

5. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

BEER! well dang - I might have to make a new friend!

6. fargoguy

fargoguy

Johnny-
    I'll be there tomorrow- how about setting a time about noon or so and somewhere for the HAMBERS to meet? I'll wear my HAMB t shirt in honor of the occasion. Evan

7. JD

JD

Jonny should we wear our 10 gallon cowboy hats, that way they will find us right away:)

8. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Good Idea - Now - where to meet - Hey - JD - where should we all meet around 12?? Trying to think of the layout of the Prarieland Park grounds - and where the cars will be. OK - will post something in like 30 seconds I just made up.

9. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

You have a 10Gal cowboy hat? Go for it. haha. Naw - we'll wear some Trad Rod t shits. Jason will probably have a Coop Devil on his, or a leadsled. Me - probably a trad rod on it. Probably some artwork from the HAMB here that I'll iron on.

Jon

10. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

11. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

well that shows the meeting area pretty well. lol
    How do you get to prarie land park?

12. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Hey dude! What highway you coming in?

Well - if you're downtown - get on idywyld and head east - then once you get on the freeway - keep going - and look for RUTH street exit.

and that'll take you right to the park.

If you're coing in on the Regina Highway - then coming to saskatoon - there will be a cloverleaf thing - take that and head west. - and again - look for RUTH STREET Exit!

Jon

If you need more info - maybe try google maps or something , or map quest - and look for ruth street - where it meets Lorne.

Jon

13. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

I know how to get onto idlewyld, I guess I'll just drive up and down from there. lol.
    Is on the outter end like near creditunion center side of idlewyld?

14. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

hey dude - nope - not that way - that's going outta town - it's the opposite way. Past downtown - across the river.

15. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Guess I missed meeting up with everyone, got in alittle late @ around 12:30 and didn't see anybody around that area. Sorry.
    Show was ok, only a few cars I liked. Managed to look through it pretty quickly.
    Wierd thing is that the I was just down at the LA roadster show and saw this exact car I swear.
    today...
    [​IMG]
    LA roadster show...
    [​IMG]
    same car right?
    I didn't notice a sask plate on it when I was at LA show. It was at the brookville booth.
    Nice car, I just can't get into radials on a fenderless car though.
    Didn't take much more pics than that.

16. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

Oh i can garratee you that it was the same car. It IS a Brookville roadster and such as we did all the louvers in the decklid on that car. He sends it on tour basically and in california with his cars lots. That guy builds very sweet rods and is a really good guy too. I have known him for years and he is from saskatoon.

As for radials, everyone has there own opinions, but I know i have driven on bias and put many miles on with radials and these sask hiways suck bad if you wanna travel lots so I have always felt more control and less wandering in the grooves on the hiway when you have radials. Not as trad i know but thats only one guys opinion.

Oh and i am surprised you and i never bumped into each other as i pulled in right at 1230 actually as well.

17. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

figured it was the same guy or a real good copy lol
    Did you drive your pontiac? I didn't see it in the parking lot.

18. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

Yup i did take it, the 53 was parked at the end of the second row, out by motor home central hahaha!! That black roadster, we punched the louvers in it and we heard its gonna be displayed in the SEMA show this year, with Brookville so we think thats kool since helped contribute to that project.

19. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Fry Man! Sucks hard that we missed you - Jason (JD) and I left the "meeting" area around 12:30 - maybe a bit after. So must JUST missed you. Fargoguy from PA was there - so we chatted with him abit.

We got to meet Kruiser63 as well - and what a sweet car! Love the whole look - one of the best at the show.

I'll start a new thread once I resize and get some pictures ready to post.

Jon

20. I left for the run Thursday at noon, so I missed this post and the time for the hamb get-together. I did see cruizer there and the red 57 sedan delivery. I was cruizin the tub around lots though. Maybe next time. John's Kooky clone and the deuce roadster were a couple of the nicest cars there. I will post some pics tonite. Fordnutz.

21. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Crap! Missed another HAMBer! I'm pretty sure I saw your tub though.

22. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Picture Time -

Brent - your 53 is killer - here's some pics. If you want highres versions for yourself - just ask and I'll fire em over to you!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

This 34 used to be my dads, I remember riding in the RubleSeat as a kid. Stuck my head inside - and the smell brought back memories. Wish he never sold it. At least the guys a friend and I get to see it a lot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Now for just random Pics :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

26. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

OH GOD!!! I started a thread last week linking to the company who produces these body kits for thunderbirds . . . and I thought at that time "why? who would do such a thing!"

Now - I've seen one in person. and I hate them more than ever.

[​IMG]

back to our regularly scheduled programming:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

nice taillight treatment. batman-esque.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wanted to steal all the goodies I needed from this guys car . . . damn Morals always get in the way.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

[​IMG]

This THing would Haul Ass. 2 Paxton SuperChargers on it I believe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Loved the stance and look of this car - looks Mean.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]