Register now to get rid of these ads!

Santa made an early visit to my garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mosimpson, Dec 6, 2008.

1. mosimpson

mosimpson

I got a great new welding bench! The top is awesome, .75" thick - blanchard ground steel. The top is 54" x 33" supported on an extruded aluminum framework. If I did my math correctly that's 375 lbs. of perfectly flat steel :D!! Here's a couple of pic's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My old welding bench was also top notch. All steel construction with a ground top as well. Here's my previous work table:

[​IMG]

I saved the best for last, the price = $0.00 That's no typo :eek:. My brother scored both of these tables from the manufacturing company he works at. They were former bases for manufacturing equipment the company took offline. The guy who runs the shop just wanted to get rid of them. We got them out of there fast, before he could have any second thoughts. I'm jacked!! The new table is a nice size and that ground plate is very impressive :).

Does anybody else work for a generous manufacturing company and score great freebies??

2. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

sweet ..free too...you suck.yup i said it..

3. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

2nd table looks like the ones they make in chicago? I think Mcmaster Carr also sells them... I use em a lot for machine bases... Id be careful with the first one as it looks like the base is made from 80/20 aluminum kit stuff.. Ok stuff if its done right..
    Dave

4. spooler41

spooler41

Nice score, at least the price was right. Some of my best tools and equipment was obtained the same way,it's in the way and it's gotta go, not a problem ,it'll be gone right away.

.........Jack