Register now to get rid of these ads!

santa fe nm hambers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by malkintent, Jan 5, 2008.

1. malkintent

malkintent

a friend of mine is trying to get to move back to nm.
    whats the scene like in santa fe?
    shops?
    people?
    music?
    dive bars?
    shows?

and what would a shop space about 1200 sq foot cost a month?

thanks
    mal

2. mercury Bill

mercury Bill

There is no car scene in NM! Seriously everyone hates everyone here, i'm not joking or trying to be funny. Also Santa fe is an absolute shithole...More queers per capita than anywhere else.

Sf has the expense of living somewhere like beverly hills..with more of a east la feel..now thats funny...

Seriously, There is REALLY nothing good in this whole state when it comes to motorsports or car related stuff..Everyplace or event i've personally been to outside of NM that has to do with cars just blows this state away..

As far as the night life and shows..LOL I'm sure you will be disapointed. You should seriously come for a visit BEFORE you decide to move here..Please dont be overcome by the landscapes, while their beautiful their just covering the real shithole of NM.

If my house and property wasnt paid off I would get the hell out of here! But then I wouldnt have anything to bitch about.

This state is a joke.

Pm me if you want to hear more.

Bill

3. bonesy

bonesy

...and Bill is the chairman of the Albuquerque Convention and Visitors Bureau along as well as president of the New Mexico Travel and Tourism Division!

4. malkintent

malkintent

now thats funny.

5. malkintent

malkintent

I used to live in albu quer que.

i wasn't bad but i never made it up to sf.

is there still a drag strip in central nm?
    and does the frontier still have green chili?

6. mercury Bill

mercury Bill

From What I understand their about to Close the Dragstrip here in Albuquerque again last time it was closed for about 2 years..Are you talking about the Dragstrip in Roswell??? I'm not sure about it..How long ago were you in Albuquerque? And YES the frontier still has the green.

lol

7. mercury Bill

mercury Bill

Yes, that is funny..

8. mercury Bill

mercury Bill

Ya know what the real funny thing is Bonesy? You didn't deny anything I said..lol

9. bonesy

bonesy

I was afraid you would notice that.

10. Mist Green 50

Mist Green 50
    from New Mexico

New Mexico isnt all that bad,just got to make do with what you got.I came from the custom car mecca of the world,southern California.I use to think the same way MB does but instead of complaining/whining I make the most out of what I got.I keep my circle of friends tight but dont shun out others.I am not big on "scenes",I just do what I do.I think there is potential but people need to stop being critics and start contributing.my 2 cents.

11. El Guapo Nuevo

El Guapo Nuevo
    from Oregon

The dragstrip is open in ABQ again. Who knows for how long, but Fri nights are fun. The Frontier is still serving green chile, and I'm sure they will be forever.
    I grew up in Alb, and was never a big fan of Santa Fe. As much as the car scene sucks down there, the air is dry and you can find some old cars in amazing condition.
    If you need any info PM me, perhaps I can put you in touch with a couple of gear heads. I know someone in SF that might want to split a big warehouse space.

12. bonesy

bonesy

Nicely put.

13. malkintent

malkintent

I lived there for a few years back in the 94-95
    worked at freds breads
    lived on san pedro s of central.
    new a few cats that were into cars n bikes.
    used to hang out at the wild west before it closed

havn't been back in a long time.

mmmmm the green!

14. malkintent

malkintent

yeah i'm not one to put my nose up.
    motor heads a motor head
    i may not care for something but its not my place to say anything bad.
    exept for vw they just plain creep me out!
    just lookin for like minded guys-n-girls.

15. malkintent

malkintent

im headin down there this spring to see if ya can get more tha $6 bucks an hour these days.

16. fleetside66

fleetside66

I was there on vacation from the East a couple of years ago & had a great time. The people were nice & things were real pretty. However, I do realize that vacationing & living in a place are two different things. I did notice a HUGE number of guys driving old vehicles (esp. trucks) in comparison to the East (when it seems you only see the stuff at events). It's always good to give a new place a test drive first, but my gut feeling is that I could live there & be happier than here in Pennsylvania.

17. Mist Green 50

Mist Green 50
    from New Mexico

well if its Santa Fe you are looking at,there minimum wage is $10.00(I think),I saw something about it on the news a couple of years back.I make decent wages,$16.00 hr,not bad for someone with no education and a record.Freds bread and bagel,I use to take touring bands there to get free food.Never had the green chile from the Frontier but I eat there at least once a week,gotta love the Frontier roll.

18. I was looking to move to the Edgewood/Estancia/Moriarty area.

I dont care about the scene, and I already live in a remote area, so I'm not worried about not having stores, or places to go.

I just need a good supply of old tin.

19. Mist Green 50

Mist Green 50
    from New Mexico

I have 16 acres of land 20 miles n.e. or Moriarty,a little to remote for me though.

20. Been there a few times and the rumblers have a chapter there. I think one of the guys in the club puts on a rat rod show off of central street or golden lane something like that. there are a couple of clubs down town that feature rockabilly, surf, tiki. I think one of the clubs was called space station and the tiki place was Burt's tiki lounge. Last time I was there my wife was giving a lecture at the university so I crusied around and found all kinds of iron sitting in people's yard and there was one hot rod shop that looked like there was some cool cars there. The frontier is the greatest place on earth and the green chillis are the best in NM. Hell I think its time for a trip for fresh green chillis from Hatch. MMMMMMMMMMMM love the burn of the chillis

the wife just told me this is all in Albquerque which way better than Santa Fake

there is a new little book mag from Albuquerque that is called U.S.Kustoms and the only contact is 505-924-1111x102 and it looks like it is put out by someone named Aaron Lobato that owns this little mag.

hope all this helps

21. Is it for sale?

22. I live outside Santa Fe. Wouldn't wanna live in it. But there is stuff to do, and the job scene has improved considerably in the past few years, a lot more hollywood jobs and a bunch more tech jobs.

Definately not much of a car scene, I can barely find someone to work with me on mine (or theirs), let alone find guys to hang with. It's easier to find jeep folks out here.

23. Mist Green 50

Mist Green 50
    from New Mexico

The guys name is Noel and he works at the Atomic catina which is on Gold between 3rd and 4th streets,one hell of a guy.Hatch is overated and around here it is spelled CHILE,next time you come through stop in Belen NM and I will take you to buy they BEST chile,red or green.My buddy is a farmer and has all the way XXXX hot,yes FOUR X's.

24. Mist Green 50

Mist Green 50
    from New Mexico

in the near future,sorting through all the paper work garbage.I got it from my grand father.

25. malkintent

malkintent

Quote:
    Originally Posted by desertratrodder [​IMG]
    Is it for sale?

i'd rather get an old service station or small comercial space, but i guess it depends on the spot.

mist green
    [I use to take touring bands there to get free food"]

Yeah i remember bands coming in there some times we would get tickets.

i don't need to make much just enough to build and stay warm.

26. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

Lived in S.F. for six years beginning in 1999. The car scene is non-existent. That said, it's a very nice place to live. If you're planning on renting, be prepared to pay a premium for a place with a garage. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions or concerns.

27. metalman

metalman

OK, I gottta put in my 2 cents worth on the Land of Entrampment. I'd choose Albuquerque over Santa Fe if I were you. I've lived and worked in both, Santa fe is OK to visit but I'd never care to live there again. Only 2 types of people there, snooty rich or dirt poor, no middle class. Property and rents are high, especially commercial shops. Like they say, no car scene whatsoever. Albuquerque doesn't have much of one either when compared to a lot of other places (MB is right on that one!) but we do have at least some and we have some good people involved.

28. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I haven't been here long & tend to stay on my side of the mountain, but we like it here - close enough to Albuquerque to be able to enjoy the big city stuff, but far enough away it's quiet here...

29. You got yourself a deal Mist Green 50. Are they going todo their show again this year where they block off the street in down town? My mouth is watering already for the CHILE'S. I still think the Frontier is one of the coolest restraunts that I have ever been too.

30. Mist Green 50

Mist Green 50
    from New Mexico

Im sure they are,I will keep you posted.I love the Frontier but only a select few of there items.