Register now to get rid of these ads!

Santa came early... Langdon's headers for my flat 6

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blueskies, Dec 19, 2003.

1. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

They are finally here, the last (well almost) piece of the puzzle for my 230 plymouth flathead six. These tube headers are being fab'd by Tom Langdon of Stovebolt Six, and are made from stainless 'vette headers. I ordered them in sometime in october, so there is a bit of a wait, but worth it. Can't wait to get them on and fire it up for the first time!

Pete

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DAMN THAT'S SWEEEEEET! I've been hunting for headers for a 230 for a long time, I didn't know Langdon was doing them. I've been eyeing his HEI for mine too. I have an Edgy head, and have corresponded with Earl about a cam as well. I've also been mulling over the idea of building a stroker, but have not been able to come up with a set of 201 rods. Thanks for the info and pics!

3. katzenhammer

katzenhammer

Yeah those are nice! Seems they were well worth the wait. Please put a MP3 of how the motor sounds on your site (if you have the capability). I have got to hear it!!

4. Elrod

Elrod

Lookin great! I would guess those headers wouldn't fit a 218, right?

I purchased an Ellis intake at a swap that doesn't fit my 218. It's for 230 trucks I guess. I have thought it would be pretty easy to move the outter two runners to make it work on my 37.

5. Luckypabst

Luckypabst

Elrod,

As far as I know the 218 and 230 are the same with the 230 just getting 1/4" stroke. The longer intakes fit the Desoto/Chrysler 265 engines.

Chris

6. Bugman

Bugman

I'm with Justin. I gotta hear that thing when you get it done.

-Bugman

7. Nice looking! Are those beadblasted stainless? Or some coating??? Inquiring minds want to know.

8. 4woody

4woody

I'd been meaning to ask if that is Langdon's "Mini Hei" or some other distributor. Langdon seems to be the only upgraded ignition for those of us who have gone 12 V neg ground. Maybe a Pertronics custom job if Dwight's turns out to be reliable.
    Anyway, it looks very cool with the red wires and clear 90 degree boots.
    Hugh

9. plmczy

plmczy

What carbs are you using? I've alway's wondered if they used single barrels or 94's or 97's on those intakes. I'd love to hear that fire up and run. You've done a nice job. later plmczy

10. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

VERY NICE! Have you got any pix of the car? Maybe some after shots when you get the exhaust installed. Sweet lookin' mill!

11. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

[ QUOTE ]
    Are those beadblasted stainless? Or some coating??? Inquiring minds want to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are bead or sand blasted stainless. Wondering if they need any other coating. I've never had a set of stainless headers before. Will they rust anyway if they aren't coated?

Pete

12. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

[ QUOTE ]
    What carbs are you using?

[/ QUOTE ]

The carbs are holley 5200's, also from Langdon. They fit nicely under the Obrien Truckers finned air cleaner. The adapters are from Langdon's too, I will be using a Lokar cable to pull the linkage directly from the gas pedal.

Pete

[​IMG]

13. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

[ QUOTE ]
    VERY NICE! Have you got any pix of the car? Maybe some after shots when you get the exhaust installed. Sweet lookin' mill!

[/ QUOTE ]

Have a look at the link in my signature for the rest of the project. I haven't updated the site for a while, but haven't done much on the car either....

Here's a shot just home from the painter, last spring.

Pete
    [​IMG]