Register now to get rid of these ads!

sanderson headers on Flathead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T's36Ford, Apr 29, 2012.

1. T's36Ford

T's36Ford
    from Michigan

Anybody have a set of Sanderson headers on their Flathead motor? if so would love to see a picture of the setup. Thanks:)

2. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Bought a set of sanderson headers a while back, they fit like shit and could never get them flat enough to seal without exhaust leaks. At the GNRS I spoke to a gent at the sanderson booth and jokingly asked him how much material you usually have to remove to get a flat fit against an engine block- his reply? "usually not much". Seriously.

Never again.

3. Vergil

Vergil

Running two av8's, both have Sanderson headers, neither leak nor have ever leaked, use a narrow, thin bead of high temp rtv around the port.

[​IMG]

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

A friend of mine just installed a pair on his 51 and they fit fine with no problems . I have heard good and bad with Sanderson's headers .
    For what they charge for a set of headers they should fit like a glove !

Retro Jim

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It seems some of their headers fit like they should and don't leak and other people report just the opposite. I run mine with header gaskets and they have never leaked in over 20 years of use, but for some reason not everyone has that same luck.

Don

6. Virg every time I see your engine I get goose bumps, great job!!!!

7. T's36Ford

T's36Ford
    from Michigan

My current headers are from the old Motor City Flathead, and because of the stock steering we had to beat the crap out of them on the steering box side to fit. Sanderson claims that their FH2s fit like a charm, but at $475.00 with ceramic coating there not cheap! Thanks for the input and help.

Attached Files:

8. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

I use Tatom's headers they fit stock 40 steering great

9. Bobjoe

Bobjoe

I run several Sandersons, no problems. Then you read some do. PROBLEM, They were quick to take my card$$, but I had to call for a 8 days for deliverly. They did bullshit me that they were on the way and but then their shipping department overlooked sending them out, I call BULLSHIT on an overshight. Only an all out warning that I got my purchase. This was only 3 months ago. No more for me. Big sale, Low delivery. Good luck.