Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sanderson header question...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Styleliner, Aug 19, 2013.

1. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

^^^ getting ready to do the same and will use the silicon. When all else fails read the directions.

2. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

the guys @ HONEST CHARLY say the same thing. because of the 3/8 flange all u need is the gooey stuff. but if u hav a question call SANDERSON!!!!!.................

3. henry29

henry29

I've used Permatex ultra cooper for years, never any problems.
    What silicone do they recommend?

4. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

I think they are meaning silicon in the generic sense of the word, but an RTV style is what they actually recommend.

5. Styleliner

Styleliner

They specifically recommend permatex px82180 ultra black silicone. Thats whay I 'll use. Im sold on the idea now. Great to get experienced opinions.

6. Styleliner

Styleliner

I used the ultra copper instead... Much higher temps. Put one on today... Another tomorrow. Painted them with VHT ceramic header silver. Boy they run close by the big stock starter... I may get one of the smaller starters available for small block chevies. Thanks for all the input everyone.

7. Not sure of the price of the hipo starters but gm started making a magnetic style starter around '98 that's smaller and lighter then the old one. The newer GM starter doesn't have the 12v kick up lug for the points (will work without it) and you need shorter bolts.

[​IMG]

8. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Not to hijack, but I've had good luck with these starters on my blown small block.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. If it still fails fallow the instructions.:D