Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Francisco Rod and Custom Show- Who's entered?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

I got some prodding from Rolf at Garage magazine to enter my A roadster in the SF (formerly Oakland) Rod n Custom show this year. They have a non-judged class called "rat rods and suede kustoms". The name is really lame, but its nice that 100+ buckets can all park together and give people something else to look at besides Harleys on 20"s and Cherry red Tuperware cars.

Anyhoo, who else is entered in this thing? Setting up Thursday?

jay

(I'll be wearing the pink satin "Nifty 50's Forever" jacket, US flag fanny pack, and wiping down my driveshaft for 3 hours- you can't miss me)

2. lownslow

lownslow

when is it ???

3. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Its this coming weekend- Jan 9 - 10 - 11th.

4. Mild Mitch

Mild Mitch

5. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

6. macs55

macs55

Is it too late to enter my bomb in. How do I register. I got a ratty one for those tupperware cars to get scared of. Some of my rust might get on there nice paint jobs. Hahahah [​IMG]

7. six5monster

six5monster

I will drive down to look at it.

8. Sean

Sean

Jay,
    We, as a club were going to until we were told that some of them did not make the cut for the "Rat and Suede" section. Guess I need to figure out how to shoot metalflake without clear [​IMG] Have a good time at the show.

9. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

I never heard shit about this show...not a word...

I would have tried to button up the Rivi a little sooner maybe...?

Oh well... maybe next year...?

10. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Sean-
    I know. Gordini and I almost bowed out. They turned down Bill and Paul because their cars are painted! Apparently, they were worried about confusion between the 'show' cars then the 'rat rods'... I think Rick Perry already got an earful, and will change that policy next year.

Snacky- I only heard about this separate class thing because of Rolf telling me. I don't think they are even hyping the deal themselves- (Scared we'll wreck the show??)

I'm just going to have fun...

jay