Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Diego Hot Rod Shops?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Baja Bandido, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Baja Bandido

Baja Bandido

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a reputable hot rod shop near the downtown San Diego area. Does anyone have any info and contact information they would like to share?

Thank you.

Chris

2. I don't know about down town but in ElCajon you can go to Hot Rods by Josh, on greenfield. Nice young fella who knows his stuff
    Fuzzy

3. Baja Bandido

Baja Bandido

Thanks Fuzzy. Maybe I should expand it to a 20 mile radius or so.

4. What in particular are you looking to have done?

There are a ton of shops around that area, some more specialized than others. Would help to know what you need so we can point you in the right direction.

5. Baja Bandido

Baja Bandido

I'm posting for a friend who is looking to have some chassis work done on a Model A and a chop. Basically to help build a mild hot rod out of an A. Nothing fancy as it's going to be a driver.

6. Weasel

Weasel

Hot Rods 'n Custom Stuff or The Jalopy Shoppe - both in Escondido.

7. Baja Bandido

Baja Bandido

Thanks Weasel. I'll look them up.

8. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

9. kpapesh

kpapesh
    from Ohio

check out poor boys, its a little drive away but well worth it. Dan and the crew do some amazing work.

10. kieran

kieran
    from San Diego

yea, check out Josh's Street Rods and San Diego Rods and Customs. Both are great guys

Josh-619-447-0494

Abe(San Diego R & C)-619-441-2440

11. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

All these guys are friends of mine, and all do good work , call me to see the specifics on what you want to build , for they are different styles of building a hot rod, and each guy specializes in a certain stlye. If you need any parts, thats where I can help you or recomend people. Feel free to call me at 619-573-2637 Miguel.

12. I'm in Escondido, Both of these shops do amazing work. The Jalopy shop has some crazy experienced guys- as well as HRCS

13. Old Man Taylor

Old Man Taylor

I'm also in Escondido. A friend of mine has a shop that many of us use for all of our fabrication. He can do most anything, and he is very reasonable. He is in San Marcos. Ask for Marty at Race Cars 'n Stuff, 760-591-9881. Tell him OMT sent you.

Sweats likes this.
  14. Lucky64

Lucky64
    from San Diego

This isn't exactly a reply but along the same line of questions and answers I have gotten myself in "over-my-head" while attempting to build a cobra kit. I need help with fuel, brake, steering, nearly everything. I've got all the parts and the side-oiler 427 engine and 4-speed top-loader tanny is mounted with the body fit. Does any one have a suggestion? My wife has already used the "you big dumby" line but I'm dedicated.

15. BenjaminG

BenjaminG
    from San Diego

OMT - do y have current contact info for Marty? Apparently, Race Cars 'n Custom Stuff is closed. Thanks in advance, Benjamin

16. Barney66

Barney66
    from San Diego

Does anyone know if Josh is still open? Thanks

Barney

17. mopacltd

mopacltd

Call Bobby at SoCal Paint and Body Works out in Santee.

18. Three and half year old thread ..... the OP probably found what he was looking for.