Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Diego HAMB Party - Jan 3, 2004 3PM

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by geemann51, Dec 26, 2003.

1. geemann51

geemann51

In hopes to streamline the San Diego get together post, it has been suggested that we start a new thread.

This shindiig will kick off at 3PM at 5925 Highgate Ct. in La Mesa, CA. Probaly best to Mapquest directions or give me a call at 619-454-5950.

We're going to have a ham and the BBQ will standing by if you'd like to bring something to char. Please bring something to share and BYOB.

I'll have the jacuzzi hot, the fire pit ragin', and we have plenty of street parking for tire kicking and bench racing. Hope to see ya'!

Just in case you missed it or you are interested in the original post, see the following link

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=214988&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

2. seldom scene

seldom scene

3. Fastsporty

Fastsporty

Gee- It may be helpful if you make a list of items we can bring so we can check it off. I'm just afraid we may get 100 bags of chips or 50 pounds of pasta salad.

4. geemann51

geemann51

F.S.,

You are absolutely right. Give me the weekend to get with the "social director" and find out what we need. My place is in the garage, so let me consult the better half. Doitos rule though!

5. raaf

raaf

bttt - how many people are gonna be there?

6. If i'm not sucking my houses dick, I'll be there.............

7. geemann51

geemann51

Good to hear it Jim!

My latest prediction is 40-60 people. Maybe I should get a port-a-potty for the driveway [​IMG]......

8. Glen

Glen

Cool, I would like to join in if you guys dont mind. I planned to come over for the Easyrider show at Pomona and this would be just another excuse to come over.

9. geemann51

geemann51

[ QUOTE ]
    It may be helpful if you make a list of items we can bring so we can check it off

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I have been spinning my wheels trying to come up with a list, I can't. I truly don't have a definite headcount, so it is hard for me to put a list together. My suggestion is, put a little thought into a side dish, avoid the chips and dip temptation (I'll buy a bunch), but if we end up with 100 bags of chips, that's what we'll eat. I have a bunch of other things to do for the party and have to trust that the food offerings will work it self out. Be creative!

Potluck is potluck, if we run out of things to eat, we'll pass the hat and order some pizzas!

Glen you and any other HAMB'r from any other area are welcome. Please give me a call if you need a suggestion for a local hotel, etc.

10. Glen

Glen

Wow....did I stumble into this deal....Imagine a chance to meet the world famous =mike= in person [​IMG]

Ya I might need a hotel suggestion.

11. geemann51

geemann51

Ok (this is starting to sink in), the things that are needed are going to be:

Seating; bring a fold-up or something
    Ice
    Ice Chests
    Clean Fire Wood(ie. no paint/nails)for the outdoor fire ring

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. OK, I'll quit obsessing now [​IMG].

12. raaf

raaf

i can host a couple hambers too, if anyone wants to cruise in. plenty of extra space...

-- raaf

13. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

gregg I am going to try and make this thing. I will have a couple of non HAMBers in town to visit but the are into cars none the less. I will bring them along too if the is ok. Sorry I never called you back. To tell you the truth I got your message three days after you left it and I have been a flake.
    SLAMIT

14. raaf

raaf

bttt for the monday people.

15. CGkidd

CGkidd

My ship is pulling in to San Diego sometime Friday I would like to make it over if we pull in early enough and I can maybe bum a ride off someone. I am not sure where we are mooring up yet.

16. =mike=

=mike=

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow....did I stumble into this deal....Imagine a chance to meet the world famous =mike= in person [​IMG]

Ya I might need a hotel suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

World famous . . . uh . . . [​IMG] I'll do my best to not let anyone down ! I also have a room for someone if my wife says it's cool . I'm also thinking about selling my car to finance the bike project . I dont have a price in mind yet , but if someone wants to take it home , it is a solid driver and well . .. we will see [​IMG]

17. Glen

Glen

Hey guys, I am not going to make it over this weekend, too many things have popped up at the last minute.

18. Justin B

Justin B

i think i'm gonna make it also want to thank geeman in advance for setting this up.

19. FONZI

FONZI

Will be there unless it rains! Lookin forward to it!

FONZI

20. =mike=

=mike=

21. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

[ QUOTE ]
    Will be there unless it rains! Lookin forward to it!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Weather guy says that it is going to be warm and sunny all weekend! [​IMG]

22. CGkidd

CGkidd

Well it looks like I should be able to make it on Sat if I can get a ride and if they grant liberty in time.

23. Anthony

Anthony

I'll be there .... +1

CGKidd ... Know where you're pulling in yet?

24. CGkidd

CGkidd

No word yet. The rumors are 32nd street Navy base. I probably won't know till Friday even then we haven't been told if we have liberty on Sat. I will know more tomorrow night.

25. geemann51

geemann51

OK, this will be the last time I bump this up. This going to be a lot of fun. I got two 15 lb hams and a 20 lb turkey to deep fry, See ya' Saturday!

26. CGkidd

CGkidd

Sounds like it should be a killer time. Hopefully I can make it. I have my cell with me so if I get off the ship I will can some give me ride there? Just PM me a contact number. Thanks. I will spring for gas or beer whichever.

27. Fastsporty

Fastsporty

Am going to be there +2 pasta/potato salad [​IMG]

28. panheadpete

panheadpete

sounds like fun!, hope i can make it.

29. =mike=

=mike=

30. seldom scene

seldom scene

Looks like it's gonna be a beautiful day, the rain is gone the sun is out..turn on the party lights!