Register now to get rid of these ads!

San berdoooooo!!!! Rendezvous 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by James Maxwell, Sep 16, 2009.

1. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

OK who's going? They are expecting 1900 vehicle (mostly HAMB friendly) and special award to Grand National Roadster Show. I'm going.

2. WTF? What is the "special award to Grand National Roadster Show". Makes no sense, and thanks for the dates and info, not.

3. Sorry I wont be there, will be Attending Bo Huff Show down the street on Saturday. Expect a great turnout!

http://www.rockabilly66.com/

4. The special award to the GNRS is an induction into the Hall of Fame. John Buck is picking up the GNRS Roadster from my shop tonight so they can have it there for the ceremony.

As for the show, it seems like it has morphed into a lot of low riders and redneck mullet cars over the last few years so I quit going. Too many booger eating local trailer trash that let their dirty little kids crawl all over your car as well. Plus it is going to be like a hundred and forty two degrees (OK more like 104).

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009

5. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Well said Don.

6. John Denich

John Denich

Yup pretty much sums it up!!!!

7. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Nothing wrong with lowrider cars!

8. Nope, Not if that's what you are into

9. John Denich

John Denich

I have one....its the 110 degree weather!!!

Attached Files:

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

as long as the owners aren't eating "boogers" :eek:

I guess I didn't realize it was that hot out there still. I might have to rethink my dress code for next weekend.

11. John Denich

John Denich

Its hotter now than is was in July and Aug...supposed to be in the 90's and 100's for the next week and a half....

12. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

It's forecast for 95 degrees tommorow. That should be the least of the reason for not attending this show. I live within 10 minutes of this thing and will not be attending because: At one time when the Over The Gang ran the show it was good. Then the city decided that they could make lots of $$ selling vendor space etc. etc. and took it over (cut the number of cars by 500) themselves. Since that time it has morphed it to more of a street festival/carnival type of thing for the general public with the cars taking the backseat to the sideshows etc. etc.
    The bottom line is the City of San Bernardino has long ago lost sight of what this show was concieved as and it shows.
    By the way I am somewhat local to the area (Redlands) and whats wrong with eating boogers??:eek:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I guess with a nose like yours you've got alot of boogers and have to be able to do something with them :rolleyes:

Thanks bud, I guess Plan B for attire needs to go into effect now.:(

14. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

15. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Hey i'm half italian big noses etc. run in the family:D

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and what's.... "etc"? :D

17. MERRELL

MERRELL

i stopped by last year,the only word i can think of is"SHITTY",i probably saw 20 late 60's impalas with 22"rims and hydros WTF!!

18. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Let your imagination guide you:D

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It already had, that's why I'm smiling :D

20. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Glad to hear that I aim to please

21. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I saw this bitchin ride there a few years ago. See not all the cars are low riders. I did see the driver eat a booger though.

Attached Files:

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The owner must be Italian as he has one of those large "etc" things.........what do you call them....oh yeah, "tires" ;)

23. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Actually "Spare Tires":eek:

24. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Just got back from there.It gets more Ghetto every year.I don't know why I go.Maybe I hope it gets better.

25. It's a Mullet-fest!!! NO THANKS!!!!

26. So it's not just a Midwest thang...

27. Berdoo John

Berdoo John

I agree with most of the comments about the show, but I still go walk around, but I only have to drive 5 minutes to get there and it's not any hotter than it is at home. :rolleyes: Usually the highlight for me are the few lowriders that show up, and the Inland Vans.

Apparently "Hot Rod", formerly of Hot Rods of Norco, has his own area this year for Kustoms and... *gasp* Rat Rods. It'll be interesting to see what's there...

28. HELLMET

HELLMET

hey john your last sentence made up my mind ill stay home tomarrow save my gas for the throttlers picnic on the 11 and it should a little cooler weather to. billy

29. I'm sure Hot Rod will put something cool together for it.

30. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

The Inbred Emprire's finest!!
    The trailer trash is the least of your worries if you go there. The last time I went in 2001, (right after the 9/11 incident I might add) Me and my friend got our chairs and drinks stolen right out of his cooler. We asked people parked near us if they saw who did it, they said they did, and didnt want to say anything because they were afraid... What I will say is that they were they typical welfare, section 8 mooching scum that resided in the near by rundown apartment complex...
    Its sad because Berdoo has a lot of cool history, and I had good memories at this show back in the 90's before it got really bad..
    The Bo Huff show down the street is a little better I guess...