Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Antonio, Tx HAMB'rs Where are y'all??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A31ModelA, Apr 10, 2011.

1. 40fairlane

40fairlane

Texas pride is close to home maybe I can skip church some wednesday night..

2. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Lots of stuff going on in the next few days San Antonio...

Movie night Friday night, (the 19th) at Broadway Sports Bar with music afterwards by Matt Hole & The Hot Rod Gang. (Thanks Lo Mojo)

Saturday the 20th, Bexar County Customs is having a Blessing of the Cars and some more music that evening.

Then on Sunday the 21st, a new swap meet is starting up just south of the Alamodome.

Plus on Wednesday the 24th, Texas Pride is having their first pre-64 hot rod and custom night.

Sheesh!

3. Nice! Big fan of Texas Pride BBQ. I will be there.

4. TudorJeff, Yeah, Jake is awesome but he has some personal issues to deal with and two kids so that comes first. As for Tater, he is a rascal. My daughter Jenny, or Cody's wife, sells their merchandise at Gruene. I've tried to get those boys into cars but they don't really get it. Jason wrote and composed my "Mikey Did it" song which you can hear on my website video page.

5. 36tbird

36tbird

"Then on Sunday the 21st, a new swap meet is starting up just south of the Alamodome."

How far south? Poteet? Really, where specifically is this new swap meet? Thanks.

6. I think it's by the alamodome. Going 37 from the pigstand toward the dome just exit Carolina st then take a left. It's a big Wherehouse and parking lot that sells appliances. I may get a space to clear out some of my junk.hope this helps.

7. 36tbird

36tbird

Thanks, Roger. If anyone happens to have a street address will you please post it. I can't go anywhere without first printing out a google map.

8. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

500 Carolina St., San Antonio, TX 78210

9. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

San Antonio, this weekend was busy and fun-filled. The movie night had the largest turnout so far and everyone seemed to have a great time.

So a reminder for this Wednesday San Antonio...

Every Wednesday starting July 24th - Pre-64 hot rods and custom cruise night at Texas Pride BBQ.

The first HAMBer I've never met in person, who drives a pre-64 car to the event, and comes up to me and knows my HAMB name gets a beer from me.

[​IMG]

10. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Texas Pride BBQ had 33 cars show up on a Wednesday night. About 6 were newer than 63. There is plenty of room to park inside the gates so the cruise night is going to opened up to '72 and see how that goes. Not bad for "Presidio San Antonio De Bexar". I tend to call it that because people in this huge city still have a small town mentality and don't like to drive their cars and especially don't like to leave their neighborhoods. I'm proud of the folks that came out and it looked like everyone enjoyed the drive and the food. Plus the atmosphere at this place is hard to beat.

11. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

My wife did a nice job of going around the grounds taking pictures. I never think of it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

13. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

14. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

15. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

P.S. I never did have to buy that beer for anyone.. I hope to see some of you next Wednesday and the offer for the beer stands until collected !

16. 210eddiep

210eddiep

Too bad you cant do it on Friday night or Saturday night would be even better! You still had a pretty good turn out for hump day.

17. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I was very happy with the turnout on Wednesday, still there were about a dozen more who said they were coming and wound up not. TX Pride is a busy place on the weekends. Thursday is bike night and they get 300 bikes out there. Friday is a fish fry and the whole place is full (of daily drivers). Saturday is usually a band night, also a full parking lot.

Even if the event was on a weekend, its hard to get people to leave the Presidio. :rolleyes:

18. 210eddiep

210eddiep

You're right. That's the way it is when you got good bbq!:D

19. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Last Wednesday, there was only 1 HAMBer there besides me. :( I hope to see more make it out this week.

[​IMG]

20. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

I'd be there, but out of town again!:mad:

One of these days I'll get a chance to make it out for an event!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Dam old pesky jobs always get in the way of fun... thanks for what you do by the way!

22. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

For those of you on here that new fellow rodder and Shop owner of locally renown Sergio's Performance, Sergio Gonzales known for his work on transmissions throughout the hot rod community here and abroad in San Antonio and surrounding area's passed away this Saturday in a fatal motorcycle accident. Tonight is the rosary service for those of you who knew him. Anyhow thanx and don't forget also tonite is Texas Pride BBQ cruise nite. :)

View attachment 1993123

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

1375290601167.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. 36tbird

36tbird

I see Floore's Country Store on the SA hot rod calender tomorrow nite. Any of you guys going to be out there in the heat, exercising them old cars?

25. 210Spencer

210Spencer

There's a big rockabilly and punk show that night ($20+ per ticket) so there should a be decent spread of cars. I probably won't be there though I know quite a few that will be.

Sent from my MB886 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

1376155184005.jpg

Sent from my HTC One V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

The Reverend Horton Heat and Pinata Protest are not for everyone, but when you add in Deke Dickerson and Wayne the Train Handcock, you get everything from punk, conjunto, rockabilly, psychobilly, country and americana. I saw people from all walks of life and everyone looked to be having a good time (and I only saw 1 girl get arrested).

There was about 10, maybe 12 old cars and another 5 or 6 people I saw there that "have" old cars but didn't drive them. LoMoJo had a few cruise down from Chuys and Bexar Bones Garage had a few meet up at his shop for a cookout before the show. Some of our friends from Laredo drove up for the show in their old cars, hung out at Bexar Bones, and then drove home that night (much respect for that!).

I had to fly early that morning from the Symco Shakedown in Wisconsin back home to SA, so I missed the "hanging out" part of the afternoon as I slept until the show started, but I did drive the '51 Pontiac to the show!

Tonight is the mid week cruise night at Texas Pride again. Yummy Yummy!

28. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

And I drove out I10 around 3pm on Sunday after looking at houses in SA and missed the whole deal.

I am looking forward to living there and being involved in the car scene.
    Just have to sell my house out here first.

29. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

The "car scene" is not nearly as good as one would think. It's like pulling teeth getting people to drive their cars, especially pre-64 stuff. Thankfully there are some new clubs and some individuals that are trying to change that. The "music scene" if you wanted to call it that, and if your taste in music is varied, is way better, especially when you include trips to Austin.

I try to keep most car stuff and music stuff I'm interested in on this calendar, feel free to book mark it..

https://www.google.com/calendar/emb...group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

30. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Thanks for the link. there is a lot more car activity in SA than what I have here, especially with nostalgia racing.