Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Antonio, Tx HAMB'rs Where are y'all??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A31ModelA, Apr 10, 2011.

1. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Yes, we will just try to keep most of the hot rods and classics together in the same area. This is just mainly for anyone and everyone. We do not discriminate. We just like to have hamb friendly rods and classics there as well as the local community.:)

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

2. 210eddiep

210eddiep

Sounds perfect! Thanks.

3. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Hey guys here's a cool flyer Bexar Bones Garage made for the upcoming Event!
    uploadfromtaptalk1366914955261.jpg

4. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

5. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Bump for tonite! Hope to see some local Hamber's :cool:

6. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Anyone have a recommendation for a shop that installs air suspension?
    I would like to bag my 64 wildcat.
    Let me know! thanks.

7. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Contact Chris (boernestage) on here.

8. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

San Antonio Area HAMBers, plans this Saturday the June 1st? My wife and I are planning a leisurely cruise with some other activities and you are invited to cruise along with us.

Our plans for the day are:

10:15 am - Meet at the Petro Truck Stop at Ackerman and I-10 on the East side of San Antonio.

10:30 am - Leave the Petro station and take about a 1-hour cruise through Seguin up to Lockhart to have lunch at Blacks BBQ (arriving about 11:30 am). We will take I-10 to Seguin then take the back roads to Lockhart, no toll roads.

1:00 pm - Leave Lockhart and cruise the backroads about 45 minutes to Gruene Harley Davidson in New Braunfels (arriving shortly before 2:00 pm). They are having their 7th anniversary party and have some bands scheduled along with food, drinks, etc. They said they would have some preferred parking put aside for people in classic cars and hot rods too. I'm not sure of the exact situation with the parking but I'm hoping it will be ok.

1:00 pm - 3:00 pm - "Sincerely Elvis" performs at the Harley dealership. We've never seen this Elvis impersonator perform but I'm betting it will be entertaining.

3:30 pm - 5:30 pm - "The Georges" perform. We really like this rockabilly band from San Marcos and we have seen them multiple times. Their set includes stuff from Johny Cash to Elvis to some of their own original songs.

Later that evening we will probably head to the cruise night at Potranco and 151.

Let me know if anyone is interested. The cruising speeds will be leisurely as not to leave anyone behind.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  9. shadams

shadams

Man that would be fun. I am shooting for later this summer to have mine out and about. See you then!

10. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Sounds like a good time. Unfortunately I'm out of state for work. Would love to go if ya do it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

There is more stuff being planned for this summer by other guys too. This was just a last minute thing since there wasn't much else going on this Saturday.

Stay tuned and definitely try to make it out to the Movie Night listed earlier for June 28th. I went to the last two and they were loads of fun!

12. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Anything going on this weekend besides Soda Pops in Boerne?

13. RamJet1

RamJet1

Soda Pops had it a week and a half ago. Are they doing it every other week now? That would be great!

14. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Looks like 2 per month through the summer. However I was hoping to find something else to do.

15. RamJet1

RamJet1

We went there last night, sure enough, they are back on every other week. Good deal. I really need to get some old junk drivable!

16. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

17. 36tbird

36tbird

Went to Gear Grinders swap meet on I-35 near New Braunfels across the highway from The Snake Farm yesterday. I thought the turnout was good for it being the inaugural event. Given that everything is covered and a nice breeze, it is a great venue for an auto event in South Central Texas during the summer. I would encourage everyone to let the GG guys know that they should do it again next year and possibly add another date or two.

18. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I went too. The facility is VERY nice. Lots of dollars in concrete, asphault, and metal. I heard it was a flea market that failed so the church got it for cheap. If it had not been for the shade and the breeze, that swap meet and show/shine would have been very short.

I also had some interesting conversations with some of the Gear Grinders. Lots of shoulder shrugging...

19. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Hope some of you locals can make it!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

20. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

Anyone here remember Jack Rieger Chrysler Plymouth?

21. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

All at 2411 Broadway San Antonio, Tx 78214
    1372699393289.jpg

22. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

July 19th 1372699553462.jpg

23. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Alright San Antonio, across the nation, people have figured out that mid-week cruise nights are a fun way to break up the work week and get out their old cars for a drive.

Also people have asked for something exclusive to pre-64 hot rods and customs for the San Antonio area.

Texas Pride Barbecue is starting up their own "Hot Rod and Custom" night every Wednesday starting on July 24th. If you have never been there they have a fenced in area out back that includes some covered parking next to the stage. The place has lots of old signs, gas pumps, and other neat stuff. 1963 and older cars will be parking inside the fenced in area. All newer cars and spectator cars will be outside the fenced area.

I hope to see support from all the San Antonio area HAMBers with pre-64 cars each and every Wednesday night!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  24. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Man, that sucks! Only a few miles from my house, but only for 63 and older? So my 64 has to park outside with all the Camaros and Mustangs!

25. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

1374112033280.jpg THIS FRIDAY!

26. Hey TUDORJEFF...The Georges are my nephews on the wife's side. Jake the lead geetar and drummer Lance quit recently and Cody my son quit last yr so just Jason the other nephew heading up the vocals is left playing with two tons members. Say hi for me.

27. I was recently in San Antonio for a few days, my daughter just moved there to teach. Sure seemed like a nice place to me. Plenty of HAMBers there judging by this thread.

28. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Only a very trained and keen eye (like mine ;) ) can tell the 64's apart from the 63's with their horizontal tail lights and minor grille differences. Bring it and park inside, no biggie man.

Just like the 64-66 Chevy trucks. They are allowed at all the pre 64-65 shows. Hell at the Roundup this year there were mid 70's Caddys and plenty of 67-72 Chevy trucks with 24" billet wheels, inside the show grounds!

Just come out and have a good time. Were hoping this event takes off as a good mid-week thing to do.

29. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

No way Mikey, that's very cool. My wife and I have been fans of them since your son was in the band. We go see them every chance we get (Mostly at Gruene Hall). It's going to be sad not seeing Jake on the guitar as he is very talented and even took the lead vocals on some songs. Plus "Tater's" antics on the drums were a show in itself. They are all great guys.

30. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Kev, San Antonio is a great place and there are lots of HAMBers. There are even tons more of non-HAMBers with many many wonderful cars. Lots of traditional customs and hot rods. The hard part is getting them out of the house, and getting them to mix with people outside their little clicks :rolleyes: .

Events like the movie night that Lo Mojo has organized have started to get more people to come out and mingle but it seems to be a hard row to hoe. Still I remain hopeful.