Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Antonio Texas AutoRama, Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deuceroger, Jan 2, 2007.

1. The San Antonio AutoRama will be held on January 19-21, and is hosted by the San Antonio Gear Grinders (EST 1951). Is any one planning on going or taking any cars? www.autorama.com

2. Crease

Crease

We'll be there and sounds like 4 of us will be showing rides. We're thinking Alex, Joe Henry, Johnny and a Baron to be named later. Some how I forgot to snag a registration form on Saturday. Willie kept saying that he had some in the back of the van by the duct tape and rope, but I know better.

3. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I'll be in town that weekend, looking forward to meeting some San Antonio HAMBers in person.

4. Slonaker

Slonaker

I'm supposed to go camping at the coast that weekend... :)

Slonaker

5. Will try to make it, but only to spectate. Unless, maybe I could talk to my buddy & take his '31 Mod roadster. We will just have to see.

6. May be working on my truck 'cause it's now January & I gotta have it ready fer the Roundup @ the end of March!

7. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Hey Slo, screw that camping at the beach shit in January. I can tell you that it is cold and wet here that time of year. I've gone to the SA show the last couple years and it keeps getting bigger and better every year. My son and I go and spend the day at the car show then head out for some chow. SA has the chow! Hope to see ya there. The A is way behind schedule now because of family problems. My goal was to make the Round up this year but that's a fat chance now too. Anyway, the SA show is good. Take some good shoes cuz the dome is a hugh place.:)

8. Tuff '30

Tuff '30

I'll be there, But my car is still in pieces from the chop. I just hope I get it back together by the RoundUp. I'm looking forward to seeing some Hamb cars there. I went to Houston's and I didn't see much.

9. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Whose the secret Baron showing?????
    Now I'm curious!!!

10. I am workin on getting up there for the weekend. I was going to stay with some friends but they are off to watch a family member throw their life away by getting married. hahaha, anyhow, Did anyone get a count on how many are going? I might just make it a day trip as Im only hours from there.:D :D

11. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

I'll be there.

Dave

12. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

I've heard lots of great cars are driven to this show. I hope to make it this year!:D

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You mean you Texas guys don't trailer your cars to indoor shows???:eek:
    Go figure.....:rolleyes:

14. I think I will make it with the family, this should be cool

15. Moe

Moe

The "Actor" if he is in town from shooting his last feature film, or tv show slot ??????? ha ha .................

16. HRH

HRH

I'll be there, although last year Willie took us out afterwards and almost got us assaulted by a frisky Dyke Cop from Houston (NOT A JOKE!!!)

17. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

Gonna be there as a spectator only should enter my truck and rep for Outlaws but need to save my pesos to finish my sedan up for lonestar

18. Dice

Dice
    from Marion, TX

I'll be there with a booth for my shop. We'll probably have a couple of cars including a chopped Merc we're finishing. I'll post some pics so you'll be able to find us.

19. swimeasy

swimeasy

I will really try to make it! If any HAMBERS plan anything please let us know! THANKS

20. Dice

Dice
    from Marion, TX

Here's a couple of pics of the Merc from earlier this week. Hope to have the body bolted together in time for the show. Stop by and visit us while you're there.

Attached Files:

21. Hey Dice,
    Finally got to see the merc painted this week. Absolutley amazing. You definately have some talented body guys working for you. Let me know if you all need any help getting it ready for the show. People definately need to see this ride. Not too many being built like this one any more.

22. du$ty

du$ty

the wife and i will attend saturday..anything going on that night.

23. Hey Dice, I have seen the 32 5-window you have,did you but it from a guy named Al Padella from frost texas?

24. Hey guys this show is looking great it is sold out,no more car spaces left. We have some cool rides that entered. As for me I will be taking 3 rides. Two of my rides will be in the 32 Ford 75th anniversary booth(sport coupe, roadster). My other ride which is a 32 ford pickup will be in another display with a 32 ford jalopy x racer from the 60's. It should be a fun weekend. Anybody who wants to meet up on sat night (maybe down town) let me know something. Hope to see some fello hambers out there.

25. We might stroll down for this one...not sure yet. I've never been to a car show in SA.

26. Dice

Dice
    from Marion, TX

Yep, I bought the body from Al at the Deuce Reunion, sat on it for about 5 years, then finally "un-channeled" it, slapped it on a frame and started driving it---man how did you recognize the body?

27. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

diced its a definate i ll stop by

28. Hey dice, I try to keep track of every 32 around. I remember him selling it at Salado's deuce reunion. I was there, I tried to talk him out of selling it because he had it for so long, but money talks. Anyway Im glad to see it on the road.

29. Wesley

Wesley

what is a trailer? Oh yeah, I remember, its that thing I haul the race car to the track on:)

30. Dice

Dice
    from Marion, TX

Here's a couple of pics from last night while we were setting up. I ended up right beside the world famous "Tow Mater" from the "Cars" movie.

Attached Files: