Register now to get rid of these ads!

Salvaged parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sphynx, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

My brother works for a recycle yard where the owner does not like to sell old car parts even if it means a hundred percent profit but here is the latest parts we were able to save from a shipment of scrap metal to China .

Attached Files:

• 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      528.1 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      570 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  2. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

those are nice...

3. Abomination

Abomination

Wow! Impressive!!!

~Jason

4. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

.....and then the Acid kicked in ?? :confused:

5. Thumper

Thumper

Shit man.........I been looking for one of those !!!!

6. Gigantor

Gigantor

Yeah, you NEVER see those around here. Good save.

7. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I haven't seen one of those for years. Pretty Exiting!

8. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

----------------------------
    Nice find......but I'll bet those Chinese hot rodders are gonna'
    hate you!! :eek: :D

mart
    ====================================

9. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Man I can always count on you guys to bust my chops , but I got the pictures up now its really a shame we couldnt get the whole car it was a 47ish 4door could have been saved but the guy wont sell any cars that he buys for scrap weight this is all we could beat them out of the only parts that was missing was the exhaust manifolds and the hub caps the exhaust ports and carb had been taped up in an attempt to keep trash out man I wanted that old flathead but couldnt get them to even talk to me about anymore parts its a dog eat dog world had to lie and say I wanted the axle to build a trailer .

10. hvychvy

hvychvy

11. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I thought money talks in this world?? Profit is profit, i cant even wrap my head around letting the rest of a car like that go to the crusher, i'd have atleast been arrested on the spot

12. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

Great save! Did you get the Marsden matting from the same place?

13. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

No the matting is on the front of my car trailer I think it was surplus that my grandfather had laying around when my dad built the trailer .

14. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

The guy is scared he will get in trouble from the state for selling a car without a title and we cant convince him otherwise he also has contracts with large scrap bussiness and he has to have a certain amount of scrap weight a month to keep them and he also thinks its a waste of time to take parts off instead of just crushing it and sending it out and wont let anyone but his employees pull the parts .

15. I was in that business and it is well worth it to pull off certain items.

That stuff you got would have netted him $30-40 max in the bin. Most likely closer to $20-25.

Its worth $300-400. Waste of time? I think not.

Glad you were able to save something.

16. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Keep a stash of junk and trade him cars when something good comes up!!

17. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

That may work I made a trade like that with him once .And I offer beer and smokes to some of his guys when old cars and parts come in if they call me because the yards about 45minutes from home and thet have fences aroumd the place you cant see through I wish I could stand at the gates all day and buy small pieces from people coming in but he will run you off dont get me wrong hes an OK gut but we all know the type hes afraid he might sell you something for a $100 and you might sell it for $125 I guess that could be part of it hes just a real strange guy hes not American and doesnt understand our culture and live for our automobils.

18. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Your brother is working for a fool ...

19. Big Blue Car

Big Blue Car
    from Orlando FL

hey, if you want to sell the front-end PM me. I could use one for my 33 ford truck...

20. unclebubba

unclebubba
    from fla

thanks for going and scoopin them parts up for me, I drove in the yard just as the the car was going on the strip rac. that was all I could get my boss off of.

21. Buzznut

Buzznut

There is a salvage yard here in town where just about EVERYTHING you can imagine rolls through the gates, sits for a few months, and sadly ends up being crushed. The OWNER of the business is ONLY concerned with scrap metal and the yard boss keeps telling him there's more money in recycling parts (which there DEFINITELY is!) but the owner is a cantakerous old drunk who could care less. he wants to just drive his CAT and fill the crusher all day long...go figure.

Right now there are three '60 to '66 Chevy pickups in the yard in various states of dismantle...if you guys need parts or info PM me here.

22. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Hey not a problem brother glad I could help theres a guy in orlando that wants to buy the frontend .

23. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

I hate to see old cars scrapped, even more I hage jerks at scrapyards that won't sell em to you :mad:

24. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

old scrap yard people are dicks i swear it. They dont care about shit! Ive seen perfectly good parts go to scrap. I wana get in with the workers so i can be tipped off when cars come in. I never understood thier mentality, its like their minds are wired to scrap scrap scrap.

25. Buzznut

Buzznut

This is NO shit...the same guy I'm talking about CRUSHED a '69 440 RT Charger that wasn't running, needed a tranny and had the drivers fender caved in JUST because he hates Mopars, it was in his yard and he could.... Talk about dick...and STUPID as hell. That car was worth EASILY 10K in the unrestored shape it was in and he said he could care less...

26. Seems like all of the scrap yard owners have that mentality. What i think is they plan to double ther money as quickly as possible. Think about it why do they get that stuff in the first place. It is because they have the cash wating at all times. If they hoarded all of the old stuff they would soon have the yard full of desirable goodies that there is not a instant buyer for. Then they would not have that cash to buy more. Also the scrap price changes monthly so they must move it before the price changes. So the stock is turned over as quickly as possible. Better to try to get those treasures before they make it to the scrap yard. OldWolf

27. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I watched a nice old Sioux valve grinding machine get crushed last week at a local yard. The guy wouldn't sell it to me at any price.

28. I just bought 15 Hollanders & Mitchels exchange manuals from a guy who sold his yard from 50s-70s When I found out he was closing The new owner did not want all that old stuff

29. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

The old wolf is a wise wolf!

30. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

I just saw one of those for sale http://www.modelthaven.com/psv.html