Register now to get rid of these ads!

Salvage/ Junk Yards in Central Kansas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kraz, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Going to Great Bend Kansas and would like to know if there are a few wrecking yards out that way.

Does anyone know of the names/locations so I can seek them out! I have driven past one or two but if you have any details it would be great...send them my way.

Thought you guys would know better than any!

Thanks

2. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

Don't know if it's still there but "Easy Jacks" is right off I-70. If you're comming from KC to Great Bend it'll be on your right hand side around Junction City. Do a search here on the HAMB, there were a couple of threads about it. The place might see some action this weekend because of whats going on in Salina.

3. wizzard23

wizzard23

There used to be an interesting yard just north of Great Bend on hiway 281 called Nobody's Auto Parts. Never did any business there and hav'nt been down that way in several years, but might be worth checking out.

4. Thanks for the heads up on the junk yards. If there is anything for other HAMBers out there I will keep you all posted on any "finds".

Hopefully I can find the guy who was selling a resto 56 buick from a year back.....

5. When to "Nobodys" yesterday. If you have a mid fifty's caddy you might want to check it out. The owner was not in but I have his number. Lots of trucks and 5o's cars...pretty neat.

Also, 56 hwy and 8th street in a place called "Chase"...old old iron but no front door. For you super old school guys might be worth a knock at the door/doors. Did not feel welcome so left that place for another time=).

The guys at Nobodys also recommended Easy Jacks and a place in CO called Woller Auto Salvage...still on the hunt. Wish me luck...it is hot out here!

6. triumphtony

triumphtony

56 hwy and 8th street in a place called "Chase"...old old iron but no front door. For you super old school guys might be worth a knock at the door/doors. Did not feel welcome so left that place for another time=).

The place in Chase is owed by a H.a.m.ber Luckylady28 (ken). he's is a great guy.

7. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

any phone numbers? I need an intake for a six cylinder 1957 ford 223. thanks jared

8. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

exit 290 on I-70, yes its open. Talk to Jamin.

9. Kraz, when you drive around Great Bend there are a lot of oil rig companies with
    there used and abandoned stuff in the "backyard". Never know what you will find.

10. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

Take your camera.

11. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

and cash, be prepaired to pay california prices

12. I will pick up numbers for the yards and post them...have it written down on a scrap piece of paper at home...

Cali prices...Since barret jackson, isn't all car and part pricing expected to be "California Pricing"=)

13. ...Rick you are right...tons of oil rig companies everywhere-lining most of the streets in it seems every town. The kansas oil industry hall of fame is out there (tiny little place, but there!).