Register now to get rid of these ads!

Salute to our Paw-paws and Grandpas!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by matthew mcglothin, Sep 8, 2010.

1. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

I figure id start a thread about our grandads who started us out on the hobby we love!!!!My paw paw would have been 91 last month and miss him dearly. He started me out right working on cars at 6 yrs old. We also tinkered on tractors and old lawnmowers all the time,he taught me every thing i know! He was born in 1919 and went into the sevice at 17. After the navy he got a job as a machinist and he was on way from there! He was in the trade from the early 40s til he retired in 1978. I think he worked damn hard all his life and was an incredible grand father. I always think about him more around this time of year. Earl O'fiel Anders 1919-2001 RIP miss u lots!!! Anybody else have a grandpa that got them started wrenchin on cars this is the thread to do it!!!!!!

2. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

thanks grandpa...........

Attached Files:

3. STILL OLD

STILL OLD
    from tennessee

check the shirts

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      481.8 KB
      Views:
  4. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

3 generations here

Attached Files:

5. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

well.....

not my fam, but my Grandfather inlaw was a founding member of Sidewinders CC. Raced at mirage bonnevile and all before the SCTA. Had a 26 T with a riley two port. he loves talking about that.... andI am the only one who listens. I his fav, and not even blood related.

6. I came home in a 54 88 black with pipes dad always had a car I got the bug at 9 years old with a 29 ford my son got it at around 6 helping me on our Z-28 and now his little girl helps him on his ford.

7. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Lost my Grandpa to cancer in 96. Boy do I miss him.

[​IMG]