Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Salt Flats Speed Shop 3rd annual Bonneville Open House

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salt Flats Speed Shop, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

We here at the shop are getting excited to start planning our annual Open House. Last year was an absolute blast! And this year proves to be even better.

The Open House will take place on August 10th from when the first rod arives to when the last rod leaves that night.

At 6:00 on we will be serving dinner. My brother, the gourmet chef, will be cooking again this year. This year we will be taking a whole pig and making smoked pulled pork sandwiches. As last year home made root beer will be available as well as other coke products. Dinner will be 3$ for a large sandwich, chips, and a drink.

For those of you that have been watching the build of my 32' Sedan and saw it last year in bare steel. I hope to have it nearing completion for my open house.

Like last year I plan on having an incredible display of local 30's rods. Including my good friends 32' 5 window that he bought when he was 16 (now 72 years old).

This year I am again honored to have the Rolling Bones Hot Rod Shop as my personal guests. Those of you that have heard of them know that they build some of the most incredible hot rods in the world. And this year they are debuting 3 new creations.

For those of you that wanted some last year I plan on having plenty of Salt Flats Speed Shop goodies available. I will have t-shirts (hopefully some Norwell designs), posters, stickers, some killer brass plaques, and some of my aluminum blisters.

Wednesday will be my official open house. But I will be here off and on at the shop till Friday. Friday I will be heading out to the Salt Flats to check out all the racing.

If you want to check out the shop and cant make it Wednesday call me, and if I'm here ill be glad to show you around. Especially after the weekend for those of you leaving Bonneville heading home. 801-787-2299

Here is a link to google maps for the dirrections from bonneville:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...ll=40.551374,-113.013611&spn=1.12693,2.469177

And since they are doing road construction near my shop they have a small detour. Here is the detour layed out in google maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...&msa=0&ll=40.31465,-111.733124&spn=0,0.001549

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  2. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

For those of you who may not know , Chris is one of those YOUNG VERY TALENTED HOT ROD BUILDERS out there that gives us OLD guys the confidence that this sport , hobby or maybe a better name would be ADDICTION is in good hands and will be around for a long time to come. We stopped in at his party / open house last year on the way to the salt and were greeting with a bunch of friendly hot rodders , great food , bitchin' hot rods and customs and some of Chris's outstanding work.
    The Salt Flat Speed Shop open house is a MUST for us and we will be there with four race cars , a race motorcycle and fifteen to twenty hot rods. If your anywhere's near there or on your way to the salt it's a great kickoff to speed week and not to be missed ! ! !
    SEE YA THERE HOT RODDERS
    the Bones

3. orangepeel

orangepeel
    from arvada, co

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:cool:

4. Like I said before, DAMNIT!@ A day early for us!

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

If I hit up Bonneville this year you bet your ass I'll be there Chris!!! Looks like a great time and thanks for the invite.

6. -Brent-

-Brent-

I'll be there. Wouldn't want to miss it. It's been three years now... pretty cool.

7. hotrod3w

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus

It was a great time last year and I'm sure it will be bigger and better this year. You can count me in. After driving over 2,000 miles its the pre-party that gets you warmed up before the big party on the salt begins.

Attached Files:

8. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

It was great meeting you last year. Im excited to have you and the whole group back this year!

9. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Here is a picture of my buddies 32' 5 window that will be at my open house. He bought the car in 1956 and has had it ever since. Its running a 283 chevy with 3 97's, 39' trans. Such a cool rod.

[​IMG]

10. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Just bumping up to the top. Anyone else able to swing by on their way to Bonneville?

11. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

You can count me in!

12. 35ratbstr

35ratbstr
    from Colorado

Is this the wed the 10th thru Fri or Wed the 17th?

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn that 5w is slick!! I won't be out there again until next year so I guess I'll have to come visit then.

14. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

The open house is just on Wednesday the 10th of august.

15. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Ya its cool to see one survive over 50 hears in that good of condition. I'm sure it will be here next year as well. Hope to see you then.

16. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Hey Chris, I'll be there again. Let me know if you need anything for the open house. Looking forward to it!

17. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Glad to have you back! I could always use some decoration's to put up around the shop for the open house. Signs, gas pumps, etc. I had some buddies let me borrow some that you saw last year that really helped the look of the place a ton. Just a thought. :)

18. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

it was a blast last year and it will be better this year , count us in

19. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

Chris , Your party was certainly a high light of our trip out to the salt last year . great hot rods and food to go with all the kool projects you were working on. We will see you on the 10th about three with somewhere over twenty hot rods and race cars.
    the Bones

20. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

We are all super excited to have you guys back here again as my special guests. Should be great time!

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'll tell the 2-3 Iron Lords that are hitting up Bonneville to come to your open house. They'd love to stop by I am sure!!

22. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

We'll be rolling in on the 10th, and would love to stop by!

I can't open the link to the map, though. How about a new link, or a PM with your address?

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Edit: Never mind, I found the address on your very cool website.

23. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I fixed the link. Thanks for the heads up, and look forward to meeting you.

24. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Sounds like a great time. We are driving from South Carolina but probably will not make to your place until Thursday. We would love to swing by and pick up a shirt or two.

25. daddio211

daddio211

First thing I've ever written on my HAMB calendar, but it was worth it! Looks like a road trip from St. George is in order, even if I don't make it to the salt this year!

26. You're gonna come all the way up to Orem and not go the extra out to the salt? Come on... :D

27. hechtspeed

hechtspeed

28. daddio211

daddio211

Work has taken over my life! Business is REALLY good right now and I have to stay focused, but I LOVE the salt. Haven't been in 4 years but will go again soon. At least Orem is only 3 hours each way, I'll just make a quick day trip out of it.

Besides, I need to meet more Utard HAMBer's like me! :D

29. I might have to leave a day earlier!!

30. jimbob

jimbob

Would love to make it in the new coupe, but unfortunately I think it's the long way around from Tucson.

[​IMG]

See ya on the salt though!