Register now to get rid of these ads!

Salt Cured HAMB Tour '07.......Tour Stops & Schedule of Events

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Cword

Cword

I guess I'll have to call our cruise down from Calgary the "Slippery Beaver Tour"

See you in Blanding!

Attached Files:

2. Scott K

Scott K

Can't wait for next week to end so we can get this adventure started.

Never been to Bonneville. High on my list of things to do before I die (it's a long list).

Also have never been on a leisurely trip across America, so this will be a new experience. Something tells me that this trip will be much more than I could ever expect.

I contemplated a trip back thru Yellowstone as well, I've never been thru the Northern states. But I've got my entry pass into Pebble Beach, and I've got to see and hear the Indy roadsters at Laguna Seca.....as if the sounds and sights of Bonneville aren't enough!! I may have to go into gearhead rehab for 115 octane overdose when I get home.

.........Then I'll have to bust ass home to pay for this mess.

And no raggin' on me for my non hamb friendly, gold chainer, clown car. You'll be beggin to ride with me in the A/C before too long.

I've had this as my desktop background for the past week.

Scott.

Attached Files:

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well maybe ChevyGirlRox and myself will be late to our own party then.:D OldBobSign will be coming from Mokena and can leave for Addison at any time. I'm hoping my boss might take pity on me and let me leave early that day;) In any event, we will be there at some point, ready for the start of our trip!

4. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Nice background. What is it that you are driving that is so bad?;)
    Will I be ashamed to convoy with you?:D

We are going to have such a good time!

5. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Too bad. When you go from Blanding to Bo Huff's you will miss the RODGE MAHAL by about 100 miles. I'll see you a couple days later though. Wayno

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We will wave as we pass by;)

7. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Who else is coming out to meet me? If you live near these places and know of something cool to see speak up!

8. kisam

kisam

Keep in mind that you all are going to run into Sturgis (August 6-12) travelers. I would make reservations coming home and I wouldn't miss driving Spearfish Canyon (most beautiful drive 14-A) into Deadwood!
    Kathy

9. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

One week from now at this time I will be leaving this desk and heading to HRLC's to get started on our big journey. I CAN'T wait!

Thanks to everyone for the tips on sightseeing and travel. Keep them coming!

10. Just got off the phone with Denise. I mentioned a couple cool backroads and a killer place to meet you for lunch in Hill City. You kids will have fun.

11. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

The Missouri Vagabonds are heading out tues evening, and should arrive in Wendover thursday mid day to early evening. then leave mid morning on monday, then hot foot it home! There will be about 4-5 rods in our group, and about 10 guys. I'm the only one going hard core in an open car with absolutely no top or side windows. We'll see you guys/gals out on the salt. By the way we are staying at the EconoLodge in Wendover.

12. Great! I can see you guys at HRC&C this coming Friday.

Such a well planned itinerary, you guys have fun!!!

Joel

13. I lived outside the east gate of Yellowstone. My sister still lives up there. She recommends Bubbas.

la Comida

I will see if I can find out for you…. Give me a day or two.

I think Sylvan Pass @ the East Gate is still under construction. It is one lane with a pilot car. Be prepared for 30 minute plus wait times. They were also closing the gates in the evening because of the construction so you may want to call ahead and just double check.

I would recommend it.

Ummm, you might find a high school kegger in Cody. :)

14. OK, so my sister just called. She heard the Sylvan Pass was done - but you still may wanna check.

She also thinks you are talking about the AmericInn.

Hope that helps.

15. Oh yeah and she doesn't know of any keggers! :D

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I think we might be alittle busy siteseeing to attend;)

Are you close to our route? Wanna meet up? Are you going to be at Speed Week?

I did make reservations in Jackson Hole, Cody, Spearfish and Rapid City. I don't want to get stuck in a shithole at the end of a long day of travel and sightseeing.....plus I want internet access each night:D

17. Ok, I will her tell to stop lookin' for the kegger. Yeah I actually live in SLC, UT. I go to Bville every year (to every event if the weather holds out). It is my vacation.

I have seen you guys out on the salt before - never said hi though. I guess I will have to introduce myself this year.

And just incase:

Americinn
    508 Yellowstone Ave
    Cody, WY 82414 Map
    (307) 587-7716

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Too good to say hi huh???:eek: :p :D

Will you be in the truck in your advatar? If not, post a photoof what you will be in and I'LL FIND YOU:D

19. I don't think my F100 will be done in time... If not I will have our "sensible" family car.

20. Denise, see you in Wendover/Bonneville, I am obviously not on your route coming to the salt from the west. I will be there Fri-Tues. Look for my COE, I will look for you and Big Olds. Terry

Attached Files:

21. I can't wait for the trip to begin.That's because,with the excellant coverage you always so kindly provide,it's like we are all along for the trip.Have a great "Salt Cured HAMB Tour '07".;)

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I put the first Salt Cured HAMB Tour '07 sticker on Big Olds today!

Larry's sticker and banner talents can't be beat.:D

We've got one for each HAMB member we run into on this adventure. Looking forward to seeing everyone along the way and on the Salt!

[​IMG]

23. Now that is cool!

24. Spike!

Spike!

Save me one Denise!

25. HotRod55

HotRod55
    from Omaha,NE

I dont post a whole lot on here, but Savoy Man and I are planning on stopping down to the Retro Rocket event to say hi! Looking forward to Saturday!

26. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Cool sticker. I haven't figured out where to put the last one you guys gave me. :D

27. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

dont sound too excited, Megan :)

28. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

One more night at home and then we are on the road! West be warned!

29. I will see you guys tonight at HRCC

Looking forward to it!

30. UPDATE!!! hotrodladycrusr, chevygirlrox and ralfs56 are on the road and headed west toward the Chicago metro area. Two convertibles and a roadster. Depending on traffic and incidents they should be right on schedule for Addison Chassis and Cycle tonight.