Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Salina baby !!! Dropped my Skirt !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Jefe, Jul 23, 2010.

1. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Well after trying to talk RC into going on a little roadtrip w/ me and the fellas to the KKOA Leadsled Spectacular and gettin the side step I was getting the Merc all ready to go on the 10hr. All shined up, oil changed, new starter, freshly chromed bumpers all ready to go for the big Merc gathering. I was excited. Well after drivingthe car all week and getting it packed and in the driveway on Wed night ready to leave Thursday morn at 8am.....no problem right? Well 8am got here and I was in the car and ready to go and the Merc decided she did not want to go to Kansas. Everything that was obvious was working but but she would not fire. After Lee Pratt and I screwed w/ it for 2 hrs to no avail, I said
    f-ck it let's leave her. I'm getting in the Black Dahlia and gonna attempt to drive her up there. After a long hibernation, she performed perfectly......got here almost in one piece. NOTE: If you see a tear drop fender skirt somewhere on IH35 between Georgetown and Ft Worth, it's mine. Pick it up and send it to me please. Really, It fell off un beknownst to me and wasn't noticed missing until a ways up the road. Wasn't turning back. was already 3 1/2 hours behind. We made it in at about midnight. Dahlia did great, I was about broke in half and burnt but happy to be here. HEading over to the show now w/ Reggie and Lee and Gary Howard. Will, Norm, Kati & Jeff are up here too. Big representation from Austin. More later.

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Have a great time guys.

3. Church

Church
    from South Bay

One day I will make it to that show. One day...
    Safe travels.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Rub it in... Last year's all day drive up was one of the best car days of the year. Miss you guys.

5. Deadender60

Deadender60

Have fun Steve... Coby let's make it a point to go next year!

-Juan

6. You guys have all the fun!

Hope you all have a great weekend

7. rockinokie

rockinokie

Continental Club owner eh? There will be a pretty good rockabilly band at the Bombay Club Saturday night in Salina!! :D

hope someone finds your skirt.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  8. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Have fun & stay cool......maybe you should start a post for a search party for your skirt?

Chris

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

have fun and I hope someone finds your skirt.

10. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Yeah have fun and good luck.

11. hotrod13

hotrod13
    from Austin, TX

Great story... even with the problems. With any luck, the skirt will be waiting on the side of the road for you somewhere on the way back. Have some fun for us, and try to keep Reggie and Norm out of trouble. :)