Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

(***SALE PENDING***) Cool 1950's Gauge Panel w/ period S/W Gauges

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by fleetside66, Aug 2, 2020.

1. fleetside66

fleetside66

City: Bethlehem

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: $75
    Here is a cool & unusual aluminum gauge panel with some wild graphics. It's pretty hard to resist the lightning bolt going through the gear cog, with the Funk(y) logo, out of Coffeeville, KS. No zip codes back then. Coffeeville is just north of the OK border. It's 1/8" thick, so it's not a flimsy piece of crapola. It was pretty crummy when I found it, but I did give it a gentle scrubbing & shot a few coats of matte clear on it to bring out the color & details. Note that the part of the panel where it gets attached to a surface is 45 degrees, not 90 degrees. Obviously, it's also reversed from the normal ones you see that attach under the dash. It would look nice adapted to a tranny hump or flat into the dash. It's 7" wide. I'd wager you'll never see another one of these....an amazing piece of Americana.

Although the period S/W gauges aren't the star of the show, I did clean them up & they look really nice, especially considering their age. Both are from the mid 1950's. Both were tested functional by me. The oil pressure is mechanical & the oil temp is electric. According to the blurb from my 1957 Stewart-Warner catalog, as shown below, it's a differential oil temp gauge & takes a 362-F 6V sender. You'd have to scrounge up one of those senders, which appear on Ebay occasionally. There are no dings on the bezels or scratches on the glass. They show beautifully.

The price is plus shipping...let's say $13 to the lower 48. PayPal would be best, but a Postal Money Order would work, as well. The first P.M. committing to buy gets it.

IMG_5744.jpg IMG_5750.jpg IMG_5745.jpg IMG_5746.jpg IMG_5747.jpg IMG_5748.jpg IMG_5752.jpg

big duece, 302GMC and Speed~On like this.