Register now to get rid of these ads!

Said goodbye to the coupe today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Thats a really sweet looking car...Ken, have fun with it!

2. a bloke

a bloke

Chris - a sad day for you, and Ken, you're a lucky guy - that is one of my favourite hamb cars. Good to see it off on a big adventure.

3. davis574ord

davis574ord

that had to have been really hard for you, that coupe is bad ass! i dont think i could ever do it!

4. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Must have been a tough decision.................but at least you know it will be looked after and appreciated.

5. 63Compact

63Compact

Sorry for the loss but now I might get to see it in person!

6. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

At least it appears to have gone to an excellent owner! I thought you had about a thousand cars anyway? JK

7. 68wagon

68wagon

Hopefully now I will get to see in person and not just on the computer.it's one of my favorite cars

8. daddy_o's_diner

daddy_o's_diner
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Chris, I have always loved the coupe - one of my all time favorites.

But... know it is going to good hands. It will be parked next to my old '34 truck that I sold to bykerlad last year. I feel kind of honored that my old truck is sittin' next to something a cool as your old coupe. I wish they were both in my garage instead of Kens.

I am ALMOST as excited as JJ (don't want to start a pissin' match him :p) to see what you do with the '34 - Everything you touch turns to gold.

Now go get busy on the roadster!

They'll look good toghether - no.......

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  9. RAY With

RAY With

Selling you ride is hard to do and if not just wait a few weeks. Every time I sold one of my rides I wanted to kick my own ass a few weeks later. Just when they get where you want them some money bags steps up to the plate witha sack full of $100.00 bills and takes it. I guess if your in need of a "new" ride its acceptable but in the long run there is always regret. You had a fine looking ride there and I guess as long as its going into a good home it helps.

10. cruzr

cruzr

That coupe caught my eye when you had it for sale, if i would of had a place to keep it i would have bought it.........its tough enough when you have a condo to find garages for my coupe and 32gals roadster though.

11. OLLIN

OLLIN

Man I have always liked that car, must have hurt. I know the feeling. Im sure youll come out with something equally as cool if not better!

12. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Damn....Oh well whats next Chris?

13. Thanks everyone for the kind words, I liked that ol coupe a lot too :) It kind of got me were I am today. But I wanna work on my 34 roadster and this got some space and some money to buy those spendy 34 parts. Don't ya'll worry, I got a couple tricks up my sleeve yet :D

First things first though, I gotta get my A roadster back on the road.....

14. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I know exactly how you feel, my 36 Ford 3-W went over to the same country but the shipper came to my door and picked it up, no 800 mile trips for me. Good Luck with your new project, my 32 Ford 5-W made up for the loss. Larry :cool:

15. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

chris , sorry you sold it . you have helped me on my tudor alot & thank you . i hope you get something that turns you on ...................... steve

16. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

All I wanna know is how it made it threw my hood without me seeing it.

17. big bad john

big bad john

............Its like losing your dog........just remember the good times

18. Man that was one of my favorite coupes...I know how much it hurts...shipped my 35 plymouth coupe off to Japan a year ago and it still causes me to wake up and second guess myself...

19. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

The good news is that you sold a car that a lot of us would like to have had! It was built well and done right. Time for the next project, no excuses, you have some cash!

20. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Damn what a beautiful Ford you had! Good thing its going to a good new home and looking forward to seeing your 34 goodluck with that!

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Personally, since we have up to 5 stars to rate something likable (in someone's opinion anyway)...we should also have up to 5 symbols to rate something we dislike intently...why don't we have something like that...???

R-

22. It was around 11 PM :D

23. bykerlad

bykerlad
    from australia

thanks chris and dave ,i now have two pretty kool cars,dealing with both of these guys just reminded me ,what a fantastic bunch of blokes we have here on the hamb i am in debt to both of these blokes for the help and understanding .its not allways as easy as it sounds buying cars on the other side of the plannet both have proven to be first class hamers,there help was more than anyone could expect,and i would like to thank them both again.and to chris who went far further than anyone would expect by delivering my car to the shipper for me,i was led to believe it was just down the road a bit.it ended being further than i go for my holidays (800 mls ) i can`t thank him enough cheers chris i will look after the old girl stay kool thanks ken in oz

24. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

HAHA :D
    I still remember when when whipped the garage door open where that old coupe had been sitting since the 60's. So long old girl.
    I'm sure I will be doing all the work on your roadster while you hold a cold beer on your hand to keep the swelling down! :D

25. Yeah...but you'll have to open that beer for me ;)