Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical S15 4 speed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shadow Creek, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

So I've got a transmission. rookie situation..
    I got a 4 speed transmission.. Says on it that it's from a GMC S15, but..it has an integral bell housing.. I have no idea what year S15 or what engine it had. So my question is, is this transmission worth keeping and will it bolt to say a chevy inline 6 or a dreaded sbc?

Attached Files:

2. Kinky6

Kinky6

Could you take a pic that shows the bell housing bolt pattern? That doesn't look like the "upside down V" that fits most small blocks and 250-292 sixes. Some S-10/S15 had an oddball pattern that didn't match the typical Chevy stuff. K6

3. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

Here ya go, thanks

Attached Files:

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

That's a 4 cylinder or 60* V6 S-10/S-15 Series truck transmission. Does not fit L6, 90* V6 or V8 Chevy engines.

Ray

5. That is an Isuzu S101 transmission - Useless!

6. Had one like it in my S15 Was in front of a 2.8 V6, in 85. Clutch went, so I put a 350/350 in it for a daily driver.

7. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

I was afraid of that, I'd been trying to do a little research to verify what it was and that's what I had found. It was the first transmission I've ever bought that wasn't attached to an engine. Now that I know for sure what it is, looks like the hunt continues.

8. Scrap metal- I tried to sell one for the last year. Started at $50 and finally junked it. Mine came off a mid 80s s10 four cylinder. Everybody that wants a similar trans- wants the 5 speed od unit. Sorry

9. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

I didn't pay much for it, but fortunately the guy I got it from said he'd give me my money back if it didn't work out for me. He had bought it and it just sat in the corner of his shop the whole time so I doubt he ever noticed the bell housing pattern was off.

Thanks for the info everyone

10. electruck

electruck

Hi Shadow Creek,
    Did you get rid of the S101? or do you know if it's still available? I'm looking for a speedo gear set and housing for my '86 S-15. I notice there is one on the pic you have posted.
    thanks