Register now to get rid of these ads!

s10 chassis question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod fozzie, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotrod fozzie

hotrod fozzie

I recently bought a1993 S10 longbed right now it's my daily driver
    but in a year or two it may be our third vehicle . what should i do use the chassis for a 47-54 chev. p/up (not even sure will a longbed chassis work for that) Or should I keep it an S10 do the real hotrod treatment and paint it with flat paint, and run some steelies ? No selling it is not an option so don't suggest that . please let me hear some feed back !!!! from fellow H.A.M.B.:D

2. Spedley

Spedley

Theres no such thing as a hotrod S10, flat paint and steel wheels would just make it look kinda silly. The longbox is the frame u want for swapping into a '48+ chevy truck or car.

3. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

You mean they do something with these trucks other than use the frames for AD trucks?

This is the one you want. You can use these on fat fender cars as well as AD trucks. I'm working on a 48 Chevy Sedan Delivery on one and 2 54 Chevy trucks on others. RacerRick on here is putting one under a 49 Bel Air.

4. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Several people have swapped AD and Ford F-1 trucks onto the S-10 Long bed chassis. Requires some shortening. But just do a search on here or google or something.

Ah...just find an old body and swap onto the chassis. There is enough S-10s around.

5. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

if you build a car you will need a truck. i learned that years ago. it happens that my new hot rod is a truck but i always have a dependable newer pick up around. i think it would be almost impossable to build cars at home with out one. keep your s10 to haul parts when you build an old car on an old frame. just my 2 cents

6. hotrod fozzie

hotrod fozzie

JUST TO VERIFY I MEANT IF I LEFT IT AN S10 I WOULD GIVE IT A LITTLE OLD SCHOOL ATTITUDE WITH FLAT PAINT STEELIES AND A NICE 3/3 DROP , NOT A FULL BLOWN SHOW PIECE LIKE MOST GUYS MY AGE I prefer hotrods not hondas!!!!!!!!!!

7. McKee

McKee

Although a Blazer, you get the idea,....cool!...(striped by our very own Rollie).

Attached Files:

8. Lakota

Lakota

Fozzie,
    If you need details and ideas about putting a different body on an S-10 frame, then check out my website. I put a 52 Ford F1 on an 89 S-10 frame. I have pics and measurements.

9. Roddingron

Roddingron
    from NE PA

This was done with an S-10 Chassis underneath it. It was afun car to drive, but the rear kick up made for a unique set up for the rear seat. I'm 6 foot tall and could sit int he back with out any problem, it was just different.

[​IMG]

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

still dumb....

I don't care who striped it or if they did a nice job, I think it's just dumb...

11. No, THIS is dumb.....

[​IMG]

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.