Register now to get rid of these ads!

S.Co.T superchargers info??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vincent, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Vincent

Vincent
    from Sweden

I want to know more about S.Co.T superchargers.Does the company still exist??When was it founded??Does anyone know the history of the company??
    I´ll be grateful for all the info i can gather :)

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

In a recent Roder's Journal, there was an excellent article on the company and its origins. I don't have it here but someone will pop that info up here.

3. Mutt

Mutt

Check your e-mail in a few minutes - I'll send you a copy of the April 1952 Hot Rod article about testing it.

Mutt

4. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Does anyone else remember the ''Highway Patrol'' TV episode where the could catch the guy cause he had a ''SUPERCHARGER''? Not even with the Roadmaster!

Dump dump dump dah dah dah dah dah............ :D

5. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I believe that Don Ferguson Jr. (He makes the New Adun Heads as well as a Flatty Blocks for them) will be venturing into this (SCoT Blowers) arena shortly, You might want to Google Ardun & you may be able to contact him that way.

6. 22 track

22 track

I'll send you an article on rebuilding one which includes some history.

7. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Started life as Italmechannica (or something like that) & changed to Super Chargers of Turin (S.C.o.T)...parts are hard to find, & stupidly expensive these days...

8. Is this the magazine article that was done in the 70's?

I used it when I rebuilt my SCoT for my flathead (thank gosh I still have both!). If you have a copy of the article, please forward to me.

Also - there is a guy who makes new rear grease cups (which always go to crap) - if anybody needs his contact info, drop me a PM. He happened to have a mint set of originals, which I recently picked up. Now - if I can just find an original Ardun to put the SCoT on . . . Oh well . . . a man can dream!

9. Hey Mutt: Could you drop me a copy as well? I have an original SCoT and will be going through it soon (good winter project) - would love to have as much original info as possible. I think I saw some original performance data in a flathead performance book from the 50's?

Thanks! "dhays@tdci.com"

10. Have one on the 53 ElDrado 331 that is in my 40 Ford coupe, put it on in 76. Use it as my avatar.

11. ElDrorado!

12. El Dorado!! Hee Hee Hee!!

13. Harms Way

Harms Way

I was at Steve "slim Pickins" Auction last summer,..... they sold the S.C.o.T blower off the Digger for enough money to scare me half to death !,... if any of you were there you know what I mean, If I told you what it brought, half of you would call me a liar. Steve passed away last year,... he was a heck of a nice guy and what a collector !

14. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

You do know there's an edit/modify option to fix things like this instead of posting 3 times (like on Fordbarn):D

Wish I had something substantive to add re: SCoT blowers...:eek:

15. Mutt

Mutt

On the way.....

Mutt

16. Thanks Mutt!

Somewhere in my stacks of magazines, I have a rebuild article from the 70's -- will try to find that when I have a chance and will scan/post it as well. Have a great XMAS! Dale

17. ol fueler

ol fueler

Was it any more scarey than the one that sold on E Water a couple of weeks ago? That one finished at over 12,000 dollars!!

18. Mart

Mart

can anyone clue me in on the Italian connection?
    Ernie?
    Mart.

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

Yeah,.... a lot worse. With all three pullies, intake, carbs, and air cleaners,..
    $17,500.00. It went on a Phone bid to Ca. ( we all figured it would bring "stupid money" like 5 or 6 grand,.... first bid was $7,500. ) which only proves.
    "Money don't come with instructions !"

20. 22 track

22 track

Mart: Shortly after WWII ended, Italmeccania of Turin Italy began producing a Roots type supercharger for various mostly small displacement European cars. Models included 500cc, 750cc, 1100cc, 1500cc, 2000cc and a 4500cc model adapted to the flathead. This firm went out of business and the blower was taken over by another firm and marketed under the name “S.C.o.T.” with distribution by Bell Auto in the USA.

21. flatoz

flatoz

mutt,

I would love a copy too if its not too much trouble

22. Mutt

Mutt

flatoz - PM an E-mail address......

Mutt

23. Hugh N

Hugh N
    from Montana

As I recall Ernie Mcaffee was a sales out let, too for the original Italmeccania blowers.