Register now to get rid of these ads!

History S.CO.T Supercharger

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cali-chopper, May 14, 2019.

1. 5D07CD46-C5F4-4710-A796-1DCC5D380C7E.png E1FD446B-D08E-4D9E-88DC-6593EFCF213A.png F4CBD657-DD56-4BEB-A2EA-491E63051417.png Over the weekend, I was lucky enough to become the next caretaker of a NOS SCOT Supercharger and SCOT Caddy manifold. I purchased from the original owners son, which bought new in the late 50’s. His son remembers how his dad bought ( Fully Polished ) w/ intentions of installing on his Caddy mill, but family responsibilities sidetracked his plan. The unit was never installed, but shelved until the mid 80’s when his shop closed. It was then moved to his house , where it remained covered until this past weekend. There is still recents of the shipping paper on the back of the manifold. It’s not only cool that vintage speed equipment like this exist, but to own a part of history w/ a killer story, makes it all worth while...The front snout plate is punched w/ 750, which I presume is 750CC, but the real question is the #’s on the Rear... 5000 / 3 Does anyone know what these stand for? Is it #3 of 5000 made? Any help would be appreciated....

2. clem

clem

Nice find.
    Don’t know anything about them, but please put it to good use !
    ( ie - Don’t let it sit on the shelf any longer....)

3. Definitely not... It’s the bases of my next build

classiccarjack, loudbang and Deuces like this.
  4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Mmmmmmm...... I might be a bit jealous. I like collecting things like that. NOS and cool speed equipment.Congrats.

loudbang and Deuces like this.

5. loudbang

loudbang

Awesome find.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. fullhouse296

fullhouse296
    from Australia

Junior Flatcad ?

loudbang and Texas Webb like this.
  7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Wow, NOS is the way to go! Awesome find, congratulations. I found this on the Ford Barn, some additional information. This is something I posted on another HAMB thread. JEM (Jack McAFEE) once upon a time produced Cadillac blower intake manifolds however I've never heard of or seen a SCOT before until now.

Shortly after WWII ended, Italmeccania of Turin Italy began producing a Roots type supercharger for various mostly small displacement European cars. Models included 500cc, 750cc, 1100cc, 1500cc, 2000cc and a 4500cc model adapted to the flathead. This firm went out of business and the blower was taken over by another firm and marketed under the name “S.C.o.T.” (Supercharger Company Of Turin)with distribution by Bell Auto in the USA.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/s-co-t-superchargers-info.84714/#post-1023799

The Italmeccanica Company was restructured at some point in time and became Societa Compressori Torino (S.C.O.T.). I haven't been able to identify any production numbers to date.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. jhexide

jhexide
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

mgtstumpy and loudbang like this.
    mgtstumpy and loudbang like this.
  10. Pretty complete info and history,thanks @mgtstumpy.

chryslerfan55, mgtstumpy and loudbang like this.
  11. zz29

zz29

12. loudbang

loudbang

13. Wow and I got a set of blower pistons for a 365 Caddy . Now to find a Scot Blower !

loudbang likes this.
  14. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

What is your plan for the blower?

loudbang likes this.