Register now to get rid of these ads!

s-10 frame kit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRUCKRODDER, Oct 21, 2005.

1. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I knew it wouldn't take long someone would do it. S-10 frame kit for a 47-54 Chevy truck . Anyone seen them? Are they a hamber?
    www.ad-engineering.com

2. dt50chev

dt50chev

I have seen them. I'm not sure if the guy is a HAMBer or not, but a hamb guy provided me a link to check him out. Probably not too bad a deal if you can't fabricate all that stuff yourself. I am fabricating all the stuff myself on my frame swap. I want my cab to be mounted as low to the frame as possible so none of his stuff would work for me anyways.

3. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Yeah I think it is a little high for whatcha get but I think he had a good idea marketing the kit , it would make it easier for a first time builder instead of the mustang two route. I have a Camaro clip under mine ,I wish this would have been an option way back when I did mine [s-10 's were new at the time]. A S-10 stock frame has a good stance and alot of aftermarket support to do what you want with it.

4. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Hey dt50chevy is that your truck in your avatar? If so can you show us some pics? I went to Belton a couple years ago to a swap meet and we stopped at a truck parts place right off the highway and bought a few things. The guy was real nice and was building AD trucks there in his shop.

5. Clark

Clark

Damn...I should have thought of that! It's too easy to do to need a kit.
    Clark

6. I wonder how the bodies compare weigh-wise?

7. dt50chev

dt50chev

The pic in my avatar is a photoshopped (by a hamber) pic. My truck is still stock. My s-10 frame is cleaned and painted, suspension rebuilt, waiting for a little time to do the swap. Hopefully in a week or two. Heres my truck.

Attached Files:

8. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Yeah , me too Clark ! I think of things like that after someone else has ,it never fails.

Keep us posted dt50 ,always like in progress shots .:D

9. 348tripower

348tripower

I am in the process of doing one of these kits with a 51 GMC. It may look to some that it is over priced, but I will say it is a nice product. The slots in the brackets are all milled and all the holes are drilled not punched. A lot of engineering went into this and it shows.
    My 2 Cents.
    Don

10. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

348tripower , be sure to keep us posted on yours also , we would like to see pics if you can. What all comes with the kit?

11. 348tripower

348tripower

We should be putting this kit on the frame this weekend. You need to supply your own S10 body mounts. All the kit supplies are the brackets. You also have to get your own bolts. But as I said before all the engineering is done and all the welding and machining. I will take pictures of this assembly and post them for all to see.
    Don

12. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Are the body mounts in the kit as tall as they appear?

I think tall body mounts take away what makes the S-10 swap so cool.....the fact that the truck can be set down really low, yet still have plenty of suspension travel for a decent ride.

Clark's way may be a little more work, but I think the overall truck will be cooler (If you like 'em low).

13. Bills 50

Bills 50
    from Roanoke Va

14. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

What do the parts in this "kit" look like??? I would really like to see the parts and the instruction sheet. I am doing this swap on a 49 Chevy truck, so far I have drilled 2 holes ,cut off 4 brackets,2 front frame horns and welded 2 "new" brackets to the frame. It took about 4 hours and the cab is mounted to the S-10 frame. Another few hours and the front clip was mounted too. Anyone with some basic fab skills can do this for way less than a $900 kit.

15. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I e-mailed them and it took forever to get a reply. I have my cab mounts made and the truck sitting on the frame now. I thought the same thing about the cab sitting way to high. I went with the S10 route to get it low. I am going to run a 4x4 rear so I hopefully won't have to mini tub the rear. I figured the front wheels could sit in to help aid in steering and not rub the fenders. We now have 5 inches taken out of the cab. Plan of chopping it 3 inches. Then I will mount the box and rest of front end.

16. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I got a long was on my swap this weekend too. I tried doing it with the front clip still attached to the cab (minus the hood). I bet we raised and lowered the cab a dozen times trying to get the inner fenders trimmed so that they would clear everything. We are making the body mounts shorter than Clark recommends to get it lower since we are running big wheels (Centerline RF smoothies with 255/35/20 tires on the front. They fit just fine).