Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB-Reynolds, GA Dec. 5, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 11, 2015.

1. Maybe it was Jimmy? Circus Bear wouldn't be caught dead in that shirt.

2. Hopefully Jody can make it with his Hudson... :cool:

[​IMG]
    Hard to believe this is actually a model and diorama. Talent.

[​IMG]

92 days my friends

K:cool::cool:L

3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

HAMB subscription notification dropped out on me! Had to hunt up this thread! Luckily there's a link to it on the SFCC social group site!
    BGII's trans has gotten to the point I've gotta pull it out. The 1/2 synchronizer is shot. After the trans heats up from driving a bit, it's almost impossible to engage 1st or 2nd.
    I have another, NOS top loader 4 spd. that is, I think, identical exterior dimensions including splines, etc. Just doesn't have the conversion to a Jeep shifter replacing the top cover. It's a neat looking deal, but really sorta slow to shift, so rather than convert this trans I'm gonna do some research on a Hurst shifter for it. If there's room for the shifter without cutting the body crossmember that runs across just forward of the seats, I'm going with that and give up a little of the trad look and also getting rid of those 5 second shifts from 2nd to 3rd. Then maybe BGII can be more than just a pretty face @ RWYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Must be catching like the flu - my T5 in the 31 is not going into 2nd anymore either, its on the lift now to get pulled.

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Did some measuring yesterday after I got it up in the air enough to do the swap, and secure on the stands,. This shit is rough on an old man, I tell you!
    Gonna be damn tight if it makes it without interfering with a frame cross plate and also that body crossmember that supports the floor. May take some trimming. Today I'll pull the floor boards in front of that crosspiece so I can get some good measurements, then call Hurst for a little more detail than I could find on their website.

6. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I know of a side post lift, but that shit would be too easy.................

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Chuck, don't think I don't appreciate the offer, but what the hell, it's in the air now and I've got all the floor pans, etc. out and taking measurements. It's gonna be damn tight, Ill tell you that.
    And in the long run, being in close proximity to my lathe and mill may turn out to be real handy. Gotta do some research tonight on Top Loader sites to figger out whether there's a rear ext. hsg available that allows moving the shifter further forward away from those 2 crossmembers.

8. Here is one for Cabbage :cool:

[​IMG]

Hope you get it squared away Dave.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Oops! almost at the bottom of page 9 in about 29 hours! Just a bump back to the top.

10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Wow! Halfway down the 5th page in 13.5 hours. This HAMB moves fast.

12. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Days till someone gets outrun by the Hoodlum :cool: Or vice-versa :eek: :confused:

K:cool::cool:L

13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bump for the early Sat. crowd.

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Whoops!!!!!!!!! We been too long since a post. Bump!

15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Got to give Jimmy a call to see iff'n he's found out whether we'll be using a charcoal or a gas grill for Sat. nite. Also whether the crew that cut down the dead tree left us the firewood..

16. And also if he is willing to handle the shirts again.

Anywho

[​IMG]

Days till go time :cool:

17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just talked to Jimmy, and he has the big ass charcoal grill reserved for us for RWYB Sat, 11/07/15, so plan on bringing some charcoal iff'n you plan to stay over and camp with us Sat. night and you want to join in using the grill. It's a big SOB, maybe 4"X8' grilling surface and it eats charcoal. He'sm gonna check on the firewood situation when he gets back from Fl Sunday.
    Possibility of having a mobile T-shirt guy there who can actually make just about any design t shirt in multicolors on the spot. Will know more on that later. Jimmy has been handling Tshirt end, but he's kinda strapped for time nowadays and I'm trying to work out a deal with a guy here in Griffin. Need to talk to Ed also on that deal.

GAOldsman likes this.
  18. 78 days or
    1889 hours or
    113340 minutes or
    6800443 seconds

[​IMG]

captmullette likes this.
  19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

So far, all I have on T shirts is that the man here is interested in making the shirts for us this year. No word yet as to whether he is interested in coming to SDR and setting up his mobile operation, where he can make the T shirts on the spot for those who procrastinate and fail to send in money ahead of time, and then after arrival decide they want a T shirt, and also for custom made T shirts with the pic of your car or whatever. Also will need to check with Ed on whether he would want some sort of vendor's fee over and above admission price or whether he can come in simply on the same admission price as the rest of us.
    All I can tell you for sure is that if Ol' Dave handles the T shirts as Jimmy has done in the past, is that IF YOU DON"T PRE PAY THERE WILL BE NO T SHIRT FOR YOU!!!!! Jimmy has always ordered extra T shirts for last minute purchases, and almost always winds up holding the bag on several. And since these T shirts are dated, there's not much demand for them the next year. So be forewarned, I'll only get T shirts that are perpaid if that's how it is set up, with me bringing T shirts from here printed off premises.
    If the man wants to come to SDR, set up trackside where he can watch the races between T shirt sales and print onsite, now that's another story that I hope I can work ouit.
    Meantime, I'm making progress on changing BGII over on the trans.

20. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Is it time yet? Brad said he was brining slics this year Whewww better look out boys.

GAOldsman likes this.
  21. My T5 is out. It needs a going through. Think Carl is in the same boat.

FullSizner.jpg

22. Everyone sure rough on some transmissions:

Me, Brad, Tony, Carl, Shawn, Dirty Ol Man, who else!

I hate working on dang ol transmissions

23. I don't even want to add up the wasted $$ on manual transmissions :confused: should have bought a Hightower long ago. He is working on a 5 speed. ;)

24. Dog ring or synchro box Tony?

25. I'm thinking it will be like his other crash box designs. Noisy but bullet proof.

GAOldsman likes this.