Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB-Reynolds, GA Dec. 5, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 11, 2015.

1. BAD A

BAD A

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

This thread has dropped all the way down to page 7 in less than 23 hr.! SO BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well, somebody's gotta do it, so bump.

4. Grass roots racing. Build 'em, race 'em, break 'em, fix 'em, race 'em again, drive home. Spirit of hot rodding right there.

GAOldsman likes this.
  5. 10 years is a milestone. I can't thank the track owners enough for letting us hold our event there. One would be hard pressed to find better people in this world than Mr. Ed Swearingen and Mrs. Dorothy.

Flyer for page 3

[​IMG]

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I still would like to somehow make it plain that the track is open to anybody in any year vehicle, but that the pre '72 restriction is only for any awards given, and '72 and later are strictly test and tune. We don't want to do anything that might cut the gate.

GAOldsman likes this.
  7. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

^^^"Pre'72 to Show,but,anything can Go! 304300_455491554502834_1582594747_n.jpg 318910_455493317835991_1438849050_n.jpg

Attached Files:

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I agree Floater 03, but how do we put it on the flyer so that it is understood? Or do we just leave it off the flyer and explain it here on this HAMB thread?

9. We need to get the word out about RWYB in anyway possible. I want to fill the pits and the stands again this year

K:cool::cool:L

10. Bump for the morning crew :cool:

11. Kinda miss that big 56 Olds. I did get a ticket on the way home that night :confused:

stealthcruiser and GAOldsman like this.
  12. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

With there being no registration/entry fee other then gate and tech,the awards shouldn't be an issue.The flyer doesn't mention trophies,top 20,or classes. So I agree with ya Dave, maybe pre '72 doesn't need to be on the flyer, it's our choice who gets acknowledged, good or bad! Anybody up for building a trophy?

GAOldsman likes this.
  13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah Floater, I think maybe mention here loud and clear that any awards for the nostalgia drags are for pre '72 vehicles, and maybe even a sign at the track entrance so stating would be best, rather than on the flyer.
    The track is in the process of being sold, and I think some money is changing hands already. We want as large of a gate as we can get so that the new owner doesn't see this event as a loss rather than a gain on his bottom line. Believe me, not all track owners and operators are as generous as Ed & Dorothy Swearingen.
    But I would also like to get more input on this issue, all comments welcome yall, so chime in on this, please!!!!

14. captmullette

captmullette

being sold scares me.....you're right dom on ed and Dorothy......damn......

15. I would buy that track if it would fit in my back yard :rolleyes:

16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well Hell that's easy to solve, buy the track and then build you a house on the front of the property, and then the track would be in your backyard.

GAOldsman likes this.
  17. captmullette

captmullette

t
    toooooo-----shaaaay

GAOldsman likes this.
  18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just made a request of the resident graphic artist of the Sock Fuckers, Big A, to redesign the flyer so eliminate the "pre'72 only from flyer.
    We don't want people to think they can't join in the fun just because their car is too new. But to be clear:
    ALL AWARDS AND TROPHIES ARE FOR PRE '72 VEHICLES ONLY.

19. How's this Dave? o_O

RWYB 10 Flyer 2.jpg

allwilly likes this.
  20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Scot, that looks good to me, let's run with it!!!!!!!!!

21. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

Be here before us know it. Always a good time.

22. Alright already... sheesh... :D

[​IMG]

GAOldsman likes this.
  23. Big A it looks good brother :cool: I couldn't quite get the font right on mine :( :D

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Thx Andrew, with the situation as it is with the track ownership most likely changing we felt this was best, and appreciate your efforts greatly.
    Last night I went back to the first post in this thread and edited it to state that
    ALL AWARDS, TROPHIES, ETC. FOR NOSTALGIA DRAGS AND SHOW WILL BE RESTRICTED TO PRE '72 VEHICLES ONLY.

GAOldsman likes this.
  25. Hopefully Tony can talk a few of the Southeast Gassers into coming to our big 10th Annual fiasco...

26. always a good time, if Andrew is driving down maybe he can pick me up on the way???

stealthcruiser likes this.
  27. All ready and looking forward to it.

28. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Where in the Hell are you hiding these days? You must be up in Yankee land if you want Andrew to pick you up!